Its Here..............

Started by Dave, January 22, 2008, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Got home today and the interior stuff was on the porch.. Looks like ive really got my work cut out for me now.. I got some oak and in making filler pieces to go behind the abs plastic im using for door panels where the hinges are. Im using it behind the rear edge of the kick panels too. The hinges stick into the cockpit area 1 inch on one side give or take a little and only about 1/2 inch on the other side and i need to clear them with the panels.. Im using a grinder with a 60 grit disk on it and contouring the filler pieces to closely match the inside of the body. Its prolly not a big deal but im pretty picky. Should look pretty good when its done.. I was impressed i think i ordered the stuff from ezboy last monday  and when I spoke with jerry he told me they were running about 2 weeks. Good enuff as I had work to do. He also did throw in a bunch of batting to use over the design thats in the Chrysler mini van seat foam and a no charge.. Ill try and document this as best I can . Should be a fun project.. Im gonna work on the door and kick panels the rest of the week with anticipation of doing the seat saturday. I need to go to the fabric store and get some 1/2 inch foam for the area behind the seat so ive got a little cushion there.. Im used to working with straight material instead of pleated stuff thats sewn with foam in it so this is gonna be a new challenge   :lol:  :lol:
Wish me luck.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

When you going to learn, posts of this nature are worthless without pictures... :roll:  :arrow:  :idea:  :lol:  :-o  :shock:  :!:  :!:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"When you going to learn, posts of this nature are worthless without pictures... :roll:  :arrow:  :idea:  :lol:  :-o  :shock:  :!:  :!:

So you wanna see a box full of red seat covers and door panel material ?
Thats great I just locked up the garage and im done for the evening . Tomorrow ill get the * pics so just lay off dammit... \
Dave .....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Bugpac"When you going to learn, posts of this nature are worthless without pictures... :roll:  :arrow:  :idea:  :lol:  :-o  :shock:  :!:  :!:

Thats great I just locked up the garage and im done for the evening . Tomorrow ill get the * pics so just lay off dammit... \
Dave .....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Tomorrow is not acceptable, get your Barney slippers off, get your mans shoes on and get out and take them pictures... :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :P>

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

Dave .....

Tomorrow is not acceptable, get your Barney slippers off, get your mans shoes on and get out and take them pictures... :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:  :P>

Nope AINT HAPPENIN my barney slippers are really comfortable and im not goin outside in my roy rogers jammies.. NO WAY ..
Hummmm I just may ask sue if she wants to play cowboy... :?:  :?:  :?:
L8TR
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Gentlemen...PLLLLEEEZZZEEEE   :!:  :!:

We will have none of that here.... :!:  :!:

If you must..PLEASE take it outside  :!:  :!:

( Ah..Dave..Better put your shoe's on..It's kinda nippy... :P )
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

msuguydon

stop it, stop it, stop it.... it is very clear that we do not like drama or disagreements on THIS BOARD.....  so stop it before I send a PM to the moderators...  :roll:
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Dave

Ya know i really have a problem dragging my camera out to the garage anyway cause in all honesty i get going on sumpin and ive got a one track mind and you guys loose..  :lol:  :lol: .. Ill try to do better..
Dave :roll:

ps: Do you guys even know the words to the barney song  :?:  :?:  :?:
I love u u love me were a dysfunctional family  :lol:  :lol:

Bugpac

Have sue take a picture of the roy rogers pjs for us... :!:

msuguydon

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Fuzzy

Hope things go well with the interior as that is the direction I'm planning for mine.So far,it sounds like they are nice to deal with.
No billet for this kid!

Dave

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Hope things go well with the interior as that is the direction I'm planning for mine.So far,it sounds like they are nice to deal with.

So far so good.. Ill report more after the weekend cause it looks like im gonna be pretty busy.. Im anxious to see how the seat covers work out. Hopefully they will be fine.. The rest of it is just time and good prep work. I really like doing interiors i just wish i had a machine and could sew. Then everyone on the team could have R/R jammies...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

chimp koose

Dave ,I thought the words to the barney song were"I love  u, u love me barney gave me H.I.V" Oh well ,I guess my hearing must be going!

rumrumm

I will be looking forward to the photos. Hope all goes well.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com