air compressor problem

Started by tomterrific, May 27, 2004, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomterrific

I have one of those small twin-tank units with an electric motor bought at a yard sale. Think its an Emglo. I need to do some nailing so bought an air nailer. When I fired up the compressor the relief valve (think that's what it is) opened at 40PSI,  then the hose from the compressor to the tank blew off and I didn't hear any air coming from the tank. Any ideas / hints/ suggestions? It worked ok the last time I used it.

MrMopar64

Quote from: "tomterrific"I have one of those small twin-tank units with an electric motor bought at a yard sale. Think its an Emglo. I need to do some nailing so bought an air nailer. When I fired up the compressor the relief valve (think that's what it is) opened at 40PSI,  then the hose from the compressor to the tank blew off and I didn't hear any air coming from the tank. Any ideas / hints/ suggestions? It worked ok the last time I used it.

My guess would be the check valve between the compressor and the tank
The one that keeps the air in the tank when the compressor shuts off is not opening to let the air in
Most of the time they are in the tank where the line from the pump goes into the tank

Hope this helps

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol: