B-J so what was the final observations?

Started by msuguydon, January 21, 2008, 08:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

I watched most the coverage tues, wed and Thurs, did not see any coverage this weekend.  Between feuding with Jbird  :P  and playing poker with the neighbor guys, watching the fight with my buddy from Puerto Rico and taking my wife out on a date....  man it was a fun weekend.
I did not see any of the weekend coverage.

SO how much did Robosuras go for?

What was the general thought, car prices still stupid, prices come down.. stay the same... B-J who can tell  :?:
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Bugpac

Sunday prevaled some very very good buys.... I didnt watch much on saturday, but there was not that many over the top prices...As in prior yrs...Resto mods brought good money...And big block fords...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

I think they are way off course now :?: It seems to be all about the jacksons and haggerty fantasy crap and everyone on the podium for that matter.. Oh ya i like shelbys but this year was the shelby show as far as tv coverage,, I saw very few real street rods. I also saw a couple bidders get * as they screwed around on the bidding when they should have dropped the hammer.. I wonder how much of that is really fake.. Oh well at leats the 24 hours of daytona is on this weekend..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Jbird

I still think the coolest car there this year was that little Nash with the flames and the 4.3 Chevy V6. I clicked in and out all week. The money seemed more realistic but the whole thing is way to scripted. If I were involved in some of those auctioneer manipulated bidding wars I woulda been thrownig my shoes at him. I'll surf it again this spring and next winter too.     Jbird-ofprey  8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

ChevyGirlRox

The prices were down and the drama was up.  B-J has officially crossed a new border.  Some bidding incidents had to have been staged-- the Batman bidder brigade, the sport coat exchange and the list goes on and on.  You know what happens in big tops, right? :lol:

I watched every bit of it except yesterday.  I guess there were some real bargains across the block.

In general though prices were down as whole and there was no "star car" that brought huge money as in the past years.  That 1963 Farina Corvette that went thru Sat night was gorgeous.  I still don't understand why they sold Robosaurus there....I hate that thing (and it has a scary voice!).  

I think my favorite quote from the whole weekend though was when Jay Leno drove the corvette in and said he was the "President of the more money than brains club".  What a great statement, what a nice guy.  A true collector.
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

jaybee

Hopefully this means the hostile takeover by pure speculators is on the downslide and the hobby will be back to car guys.  Don't get me wrong, car guys with big cash fund a lot of the new products that make it possible to build a better car than ever before.  People that pay over the top prices just to store them away in warehouses as investments just so they can brag about what they own are another matter, in my mind.  They just drive up prices on iron that could and should be appreciated.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)