Beg Borrow Steal, Blower Scoop, Indoor Car Show...

Started by msuguydon, January 17, 2008, 04:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Okay, Hot Rodding is all about begging, borrowing and stealing ... RIGHT?

Well I want to beg, borrow or steal or purchase for a bargain price a blower scope or velocity stacks.  Anyone got something laying around in your shop that you don't want, use or can part  with for a few weeks. Here is the deal...

Short story, my buddy and I got invited to show our cars at Motorama 1962, this is a show that runs concurrent with the World of Wheels in Indy.  Buddy is gonna show his car I am not.. long story... he just needs some help.. so his gasser needs some help under the hood,  I bought him some Moon 90 degree breathers and he bought some M/T head covers.. we are gonna get those on his car... we need something more than a air cleaner..  I am thinking blower scoop.  

WE have two and half weeks to make his car a little more Gasser, we are gonna add some window stickers... do the Drag  E/G on the windshield.. do some hand window stencilling.. and get it cleaned up.

Can anyone help.. I will pay shipping to and back if we borrow, buy if its cheap, steal if you tell me where to come and steal it...   :lol:

Picture of my buddies car...

Here is the long story...

We are planning to take my buddies car, which sorta means I will be showing his car. He is the one that got this whole thing started and is much more interested in showing his car, than I am.

Some background, my buddy is a great guy and in large part because of him I bought the 58. He is a bar/restaurant manager and because of his work schedule he seldom has an opportunity to attend the car shows/events that interest him. This show is scheduled during the restaurants slow time so he thinks he can get some time off to participate.

The problem is my buddy is never prepared, can't get things arranged, always needs help. That's okay, I am willing to help but I KNOW that if I bring my car and he brings his car it will be a nightmare. If we just bring his, I can make sure we get there, get back etc... I have access to the trailer, he does not, I have a vehicle to pull the trailer, he does not. I will fill out the forms on time.. he will not.... on and on...

After a great deal of thought I have decided not to show my car. NOT because I am having some anxiety about showing my car, it is the understanding of the issues of helping my buddy show his car at the same time as I show my car.

So I figure I will help him go, and I will get to hang out and do the whole car show thing, and make sure it goes okay for him.

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Ok Don lets get creative... You want lookers and something different right... Years ago I had a friend that had a 64 impala.. I stopped one evening after work and he asked me how i liked his hood scoops. He had a cross ram on a small block.. He used t back then you could get em metal antifreeze cans and cut the handle ends out and cut round holes in the sides and affixed em to the hood..  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Sweeeeeeet... Or in your case.. how about a flamed mailbox over the carburetor ...... Id bet that would be a B/J 85k car if you do that
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  8)

HotRodLadyCrusr

No matter what car you bring or don't bring, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you there.  The guys that are putting on the Motorrama are all pals-o-mine so I will be attending as a spectator.  Hopefully KustomLincolnLady and EyeCandy will be attending as well.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

msuguydon

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ok Don lets get creative... You want lookers and something different right... Years ago I had a friend that had a 64 impala.. I stopped one evening after work and he asked me how i liked his hood scoops. He had a cross ram on a small block.. He used t back then you could get em metal antifreeze cans and cut the handle ends out and cut round holes in the sides and affixed em to the hood..  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Sweeeeeeet... Or in your case.. how about a flamed mailbox over the carburetor ...... Id bet that would be a B/J 85k car if you do that
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  8)

I actually thought about the mail box scoop, but GMC Bubba over on the HAMB usually has his dragster at Motorama and he uses an Indianapolis star Newspaper tube for his scoop,  SO its kinda been done.   :lol:

Jbird

I was gonna ebay this one but...... $75.oo shipped. Powdercoated whatever color you want (well, as long as I have that color handy). Let me know.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

msuguydon

Quote from: "Jbird"I was gonna ebay this one but...... $75.oo shipped. Powdercoated whatever color you want (well, as long as I have that color handy). Let me know.   Jbird 8)

My buddy is very over the top, when it comes to things being "period correct", traditional... so with that in mind, is this "period" correct and what colors do you have?

You more experienced (polite way of saying OLD) guys give me some insight so I do not make a Hot Rodding faux pas

Jbird

I could strip it beadblast it and powdercoat it with a satin clear, I do that to alooneyum intakes to make them easy to clean. check your pms.  
8)   8)   8)

msuguydon

Quote from: "Jbird"I could strip it beadblast it and powdercoat it with a satin clear, I do that to alooneyum intakes to make them easy to clean. check your pms.  
8)   8)   8)

Would this make it shiny?  I like shiny  :lol: Check your PM

msuguydon

purplepickup

Do you have a picture of what his engine compartment looks like now?  Sometimes basic is good.  
I've seen some engines that the owner thought he was dressing it up but in the end it really looked cobbled.  

If the Team Smart people here (and the rest of us dummies) saw what you're working with
I'm sure we could come up with some slick suggestions. :wink:
George

Jbird

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "Jbird"I could strip it beadblast it and powdercoat it with a satin clear, I do that to alooneyum intakes to make them easy to clean. check your pms.  
8)   8)   8)

Would this make it shiny?  I like shiny  :lol: Check your PM

Not Shiny ends up looking like a brand new Edelbrock unpolished intake. Here's a couple of valvcover pics. These are just 'blackchrome' over a beadblasted old chrome valve cover. These aren't very well done because I was still experimenting with the new powder. It is way shiny. If we strike a deal I can ship it on Tuesday, Monday is MLK day

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "purplepickup"
If the Team Smart people here (and the rest of us dummies) saw what you're working with
I'm sure we could come up with some slick suggestions. :wink:

That kinda talk will get ya inducted in a hurry :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

msuguydon

Okay because we are doing this deal with the whole world looking over our shoulders..  :lol:

I want bead blasted with the stain clear.

If  he hates it I am sending back to you, I will pay you to paint it Red to match the Tuna Boat and I will get someone to put a skull on it.

PM me with the Paypal details.

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"Okay because we are doing this deal with the whole world looking over our shoulders..  :lol:

I want bead blasted with the stain clear.

If  he hates it I am sending back to you, I will pay you to paint it Red to match the Tuna Boat and I will get someone to put a skull on it.

PM me with the Paypal details.

Ok LEARN HOW TO SPELL SATIN... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: If he cant or wont take a Nigerian bank check I wouldn't do the deal  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .. Oh ya dont forget about the over payment in the amount of 40000000.00
Dave :wink:  :arrow: