40 olds 2 door sed barn find !

Started by oldsman40, January 14, 2008, 12:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsman40

I'm brand new! I will tell you a little story to qualify myself I have been a motor head for over 25 years however this is the first fat fender olds and Im looking for any info or contacts on 1940 olds I purchased the auto from an estate it is a gem too! A true barn find! one owner 100% car with some extra parts here and there. I trailered it home last week  I have been cruising the web for a couple weeks gathering all the info I can get take care and thanks for any help you could give me.

GPster

Welcome! Oldsmobiles aren't that odd around here or the people around here are odd enough to build anything. Just one quick suggestion. Send some pictures of it ( which you may not be able to do for a week newbie period). I think there may be some particulars on Oldsmobiles of that time period as to model (may be model number) and engine. I'm sure there's someone here that can help you have fun with it. GPster

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. What do you have in mind? several of us have done those old Olds. It would help to know the model number.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

t-vicky

I have a 40 Olds 4-door model 60 touring sedan.  A hot rod with all the mandatory chevy running gear.  Not much to tell you about it. It rides like a big Olds!  
You might check out  www.carnut.com  He has a index of pics with several 40 Olds pics in it.

oldsman40

I would love to send pics hoever I'm on double secret probation for a week and 5 post on this forum, so if you wanted to surf you could see  pics at
antique automobile club of america site forum under genral discusion
"new on aaca picking up my 40 olds today
its because they wount let me post a link on here as well.  

Not sure if I'm going to turn it into a retro rod or stock and sell it?

Fat Cat

Oldsman sorry about the limitation on being able to post links and images but they are in place to keep spammers from flooding the forums with links and images. I have to delete about 40-50 spammer accounts a day.

Below you will see the images that Oldsman spoke about.

oldsman40

thanks for loading all the pics verry nice touch!! I do understand.
 SPAM SUCKS!!!!

Dave

Wait till uglyolds sees your pics.. he will prolly want to make friends with you  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: . Looks like a good solid car
Dave

enjenjo

If that is a model 60 or 70, a lot of Chevy body repair parts will fit.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

So THAT'S what they're supposed to look like  :!:  :?  :?

Welcome to the fracus ,Oldsman...You'll like it here.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'll make friends with you too

From one Olds lover to another....Welcome aboard!!

Here's a few photos of mine.  Just finsihed after a 7 year build

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.