Grand National Roadster Show

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, January 10, 2008, 02:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Anyone here attending and want to meet up with me and ChevyGirlRox?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

I won't be able to make it this year but my buddy Normspeed from Glendora, CA will be there with some friends from Florida.  Actually at least two friends from the FLA Roadsters will be there with a Model T in the Show.  Norm will be hangin with them.  The car is pretty neat, with history.  '26-'27 Model T, maroon, Olds powered roadster pickup.  Was originally built in northern NM back in I guess the 50's.  Was a magazine feature car.  It turned up here in Florida, was in primer with no indication of its former glory.  Gary, the new owner tracked the history on it including finding the original now 80 some year old builder.  He has restored the car to its magazine feature condition and got it accepted into the GNRS.  I'll be getting daily updates from Norm on the show and all the folks they run into.  Look him up, I think he owes you a beer or something.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll look for Norm BUT do you have his cell phone number just in case I can't find him at the venue?  Please PM me with it if you do.

Maybe Norm will swing for a couple of martini's instead of beers. :wink:

Leon

We will be getting in the area Friday night and hitting the show on Saturday.  Where are you staying?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Leon"We will be getting in the area Friday night and hitting the show on Saturday.  Where are you staying?

PM sent to you.

Friday night we are going to Bob's Big Boy for the cruz then over to Bobby Green's Old Crow Speed Shop for cocktails and to check out his place.  

Saturday morning we are going to teh anti-donut breakfast crz thing then heading enmass to the show, arriving before noon.  HAMB Meet and Greet at 1pm at the entrance to the suede palace.

we fly out Sunday afternoon

Grandadeo

Denise, PM sent to you with Normspeed's Cell #.  Said he hopes to make it to Bob's Friday night also.  I don't remember them serving martini's there though.  Would you settle for a Bob's milk shake?

Lee

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Denise, PM sent to you with Normspeed's Cell #.  Said he hopes to make it to Bob's Friday night also.  I don't remember them serving martini's there though.  Would you settle for a Bob's milk shake?

Lee

Have him make it a chocolate malt and he has himself a deal!

I got your PM and will call Norm probably Friday morning.

We (Megan and I) got invited someplace very, very special on that Thursday morning.  I can't WAIT to be able to share the adventure!

Grandadeo

Just got off the phone with Normspeed.  He said in the last 24 hours its been real cold and windy with rain and even some hail.  The boys from Fla got the T Roadster moved in OK.  They'll all be at the show about 8:00 AM in the morning after breakfast.  Supposed to be yucky all weekend. Doesn't sound good for any outdoor display parking at the show.

Lee

Grandadeo

Got the word via email yesterday that the boys from Florida did good.  The restored T Roadster late '50s early '60s rod magazine feature car won first in class.  Unfortunately Normspeed never told what class they put Gary's roadster in.

Lee