new wheels and a pondering chair

Started by phat rat, January 03, 2008, 06:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

check the wheelbase Lenard looks about the same as mine. LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

Ya, the front wheels stick out from the grill shell...Thats what i was asking to begin with!!

GPster

This is the Bo Jones styling I was talking about.  GPster

phat rat

yep that's the look I'm going for

GPster

River seems to have an un-cany ability of finding articles like this on the WEB. I'd like to see how that front axel was suspended. The caption on the picture says that the article was in October 1968 Rod and Custom. Maybe it's got quarter-elipticals holding it up. With the length of those front wishbones he might have gotten by with a tube axel. He did a hell of a job getting that taper on the wishbones to continue that far. GPster

phat rat

Quote from: "Bugpac"Ya, the front wheels stick out from the grill shell...Thats what i was asking to begin with!!

Sorry didn't realize that's what you were getting at

Bugpac

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "GPster"River seems to have an un-cany ability of finding articles like this on the WEB. I'd like to see how that front axel was suspended. The caption on the picture says that the article was in October 1968 Rod and Custom. Maybe it's got quarter-elipticals holding it up. With the length of those front wishbones he might have gotten by with a tube axel. He did a hell of a job getting that taper on the wishbones to continue that far. GPster

It indeed was quarter eliptics in the front, and if I remember correctly a beam axle.  I had the good fortune to work a few blocks from his home on Fallbrook Ave in the mid sixties.  Used to load grocery bags into his then wife's matching color '27 sedan daily driver.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

donsrods

Yeah, if you suicide the front end it tends to put the radiator back some.

Don

phat rat

I'm not doing suicide, front or rear