Insurance Renewal Time Again

Started by Grandadeo, January 01, 2008, 08:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

What limits on liability? Does it have to be in locked storage, etc. That kind of stuff.
TEAM SMART

phat rat

$300,000 liability and it's garaged at home but of course not on the road. I have been on the road for as long as a month when my wife and I went to Tahoe , Sacramento and then on to Tampa
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"What limits on liability? Does it have to be in locked storage, etc. That kind of stuff.

Locked garage or storage facility.. They dont like carports.. They dont care if your on vacation like louisville or powertour etc.. they know you wont have a locked garage while there.. Motel stays arent a problem as they know you have to spend the night somewhere..  Just be up front with them and your good to go.. They arent stupid as they make a lot of money on specialty car insurance.  But they do give you a lot of leeway
Dave
:wink:  :arrow:

chimp koose

In the province of saskatchewan, we have only one vehicle insurance company by law. Saskatchewan Government Insurance or SGI provides vehicle insurance as stated value . Your rates will be discounted based on years of good driving on your driving record ,accidents,tickets ,etc. will increase your rates. age and marital status have no bearing on insurance rate unless you buy extra insurance to lower your insurance deductable.We have what is called 'no fault'  insurance which means the government will pay for your rehabilitation costs if you are injured but you cannot sue for damages . My 65 ford truck is insured with 'vintage ' plates that cost about$120/yr allowing me to drive it about 500miles /yr with a total of $700 vehicle value and a deductible of $700 . If I get in an accident and it is my fault I basically have to fix my own vehicle at my own cost .There is additional insurance available, purchased at additional cost and requiring the car to have a professional appraisal done.