Oiler, check your email

Started by 348tripower, December 27, 2007, 10:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Jeff ,
I sent you a email about this passlock system. Maybe you can help me. I can't get it to relaear the passcode. The security light shuts off after a few seconds, not 10 minutes.
Don
Don Colliau

oiler

You're on the right track Don
These steps are copied right out of GM service info
Momentarily rotate the ignition key to the CRANK position (Do NOT start the vehicle), then release it to the RUN position (Do NOT key OFF in the process).
Wait 10 minutes. Observe the SECURITY indicator. Refer to the following list for the appropriate responses:
  -  If the passlockā„¢ sensor was replaced the SECURITY indicator will flash for the 10 minutes duration.  

-  If the EVO/passlockā„¢ module was replaced, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the remainder of the 10 minutes duration.  

-  If the VCM/PCM was replaced with a new programmed VCM/PCM and connected to the vehicle for the first time, the vehicle will start and this procedure may not be necessary.  

-  If the replacement VCM/PCM was connected to any vehicle at any other time, even momentarily, the SECURITY indicator will flash for a few seconds and then remain ON for the 10 minutes duration.  

The SECURITY indicator will transition from flashing to ON briefly to OFF after 10 minutes if remaining in the ignition ON position.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and wait for 10 seconds.
Repeat steps 3-6 two more times. The new security code is ready to be communicated among the Passlock sensor, EVO/Passlock module and VCM/PCM. The new password is learned on the next ignition lock cylinder cycle from OFF to CRANK to ON (start attempt).
basically do it 3 times and you should be set
hope this helps and if you need anymore help let me know
Jeff

348tripower

Jeff,
I have to replace the housing. Must be the magnet side is not working properly. No resistance coming thru the wires. Looks like part tomorrow and finish this job Saturday morning. I'll give you a shout if I get stumped.
Thanks again,
Don
Don Colliau

oiler

Quote from: "348tripower"Jeff,
I have to replace the housing. Must be the magnet side is not working properly. No resistance coming thru the wires. Looks like part tomorrow and finish this job Saturday morning. I'll give you a shout if I get stumped.
Thanks again,
Don

No problemo I'll keep a eye on the e-mail
Jeff

348tripower

Quote from: "oiler"
Quote from: "348tripower"Jeff,
Thanks again,
Don

No problemo I'll keep a eye on the e-mail
Jeff

Jeff,
I changed out the housing this morning and the security light goes out after a few seconds. I suppose the computer will have to be reset.
D 8) n
Don Colliau

oiler

try starting it Don and the light should come on solid and it should not start
then do the 30 minute procedure
Jeff

348tripower

Quote from: "oiler"try starting it Don and the light should come on solid and it should not start
then do the 30 minute procedure
Jeff
Jeff,
I tried all of that no luck.
Don
Don Colliau

oiler