Bugpac's 32 Project buildup

Started by Bugpac, December 23, 2007, 07:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

Ok, so i am building a chassis jig as I need a chassis to install the floors in the 32's the proper way, I am going to try and keep this thread updated as i go.

To start off I just finished building the base of my fixture, And since i just got the 32 rails yesterday, "thanks Charlie", I decided i had to get the spreader bars bolted in and get that sucker sitting on there somehow. I built the fixture with 2x2 tube legs, I can adjust the feet from the top side, Figured what the heck, I don't like bending over trying to level anything. The outer perimeter is 2x6 rectangle tube, and i added 3 evenly spaced cross members which are 2x3 rectangle tubing. The next step is to clamp small tubbing to the frame rails to get each and every bolt hole spaced accordingly to the wescott drawings. Then i will make some sort of mount that will attach the spreader bar bolts front and rear to the fixture securely. Here is a few pictures so far, The 2x4's are not staying, And i think i am going to raise the chassis a few more inches off the fixture to allow for other things to be located on the fixture, rear housing etc...

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

Tomorrow ill make some more progress.. :D

Bugpac

Few more, Before i start welding the chassis up...

Bugpac

I decided to build my jig Purpose built, I likely could build a pinched model a chassis, But thats will be the extent of it...

phat rat

Jig looks great. But it looks like you better get some insulation in there if your going to work year round in there.

Bugpac

Lol, I was working with the garage door open today...Im not doing any glass work in there, I have an insulated and furnace heated shop for that...

Bugpac

Well i finally went after the 9" rear ends my buddy said he had, When we got there to my surprise there were 4 of them, 2 fully loaded and 2 with axles, these are the older bronco 59" ones....So i am set on housings for a few cars anyhow... :D

phat rat

Boy and some people are content to have one  :lol:

Bugpac

Yes, I'm playing dave tonight, no pictures till tomorrow, but over the last 5 days i have built a roadster body, popped the mold of the main body tonight, she looks good...Next i mount the floor pan to the chassis, then set the body on level square all that good stuff, grind the surface of the parts were i will bond the floor to the body and glass it together....got door hinges and trunk hinges coming on friday, hope to have it mounted on saturday and the doors hung, then i will pull it off the chassis, and build a coupe body and do the same, eventually i will put one of the bodies on the frame permanently, get the suspension on and try to market it....

Bugpac

A little dusty, looks much better after i wiped it off... :D

enjenjo

At least someone has some ambition.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bugpac

I can tell ya first hand, I have to dig very, very deep, to find it, lol...

Bugpac

well i got my hinges for the doors, but no pins, the pic online shows the pins, no listing for them anywhere online, there only 6 bux and they said they would ship them today no shipping charge, hard to argue over 6 bux....wont be here till monday or tuesday tho....

Bugpac