32 3W seat suggestions

Started by t boner, December 21, 2007, 03:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t boner

I'm trying to figure out what type of seat to put in my 32 3W coupe.  Anyone have any suggestions based on past experience? It is going to be a daily driver, so comfort is #1 on the list.

Thanks, Dennis

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "t boner"I'm trying to figure out what type of seat to put in my 32 3W coupe.  Anyone have any suggestions based on past experience? It is going to be a daily driver, so comfort is #1 on the list.

Thanks, Dennis

I used bucket seats from a '91 Mustang LX in my 34 Coupe

Vance

p.s. maybe PhatRat will chime in, he has some *' front seats in his '41 Coupe
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Deuce

This is a original 32 3W seat frame ... in a original 32 3W  :D

And what one looks like when upholstered. The upholstered seat was made off a pattern of the original seat shown first ...

RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "t boner"I'm trying to figure out what type of seat to put in my 32 3W coupe.  Anyone have any suggestions based on past experience? It is going to be a daily driver, so comfort is #1 on the list.

Thanks, Dennis

Vance

Ya but his car is a lot bigger than a 32 and  he has a 1.50 cup holder in there as well..
Center rear seat outta a mid 90's chrysler mini van works pretty well and ezboy interiors can supply a nice hot rod style cover for it. I have one in my roadster.. Thats the cheapest way. If money aint an object id go tea's. I had tea,s in 2 cars and they were nice but not cheap.. I just saw a mini van seat on ebay here in michigan for 25 bucks.
Dave  :arrow:

muncie

I'm using Fiero buckets in the one I'm building.

phat rat

Thanks, Dennis

Vance

Thanks Vance, we'll ignore the comment from the  co-founder of your group. They are from an 84 Chrysler/Dodge Conquest with the headrests removed. They seem to be pretty rare, I bought these way back in 91 and I've only seen 2 maybe 3 sets since.  T boner it doesn't say where you're from if close I've got a very nice pair of black buckets I was going to use in a truck I sold. I think they are from a Camaro
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"

Thanks, Dennis

Vance

Thanks Vance, we'll ignore the comment from the  co-founder of your group. They are from an 84 Chrysler/Dodge Conquest with the headrests removed. They seem to be pretty rare, I bought these way back in 91 and I've only seen 2 maybe 3 sets since.  T boner it doesn't say where you're from if close I've got a very nice pair of black buckets I was going to use in a truck I sold. I think they are from a Camaro

Bryan told me about the cup holder..
Dave :wink:

Bugpac

Its a Beer Holder, Not a cup holder!! :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

kb426

There's a year difference in the minivan seats where the width is about 6 inches difference. I have one in my 32 pickup that is the wider version at about 46"
TEAM SMART

Topsterguy

A mid bench seat out of a Chrysler mini van works great. They're 42" wide and if you strip the stock ( ugly) runners off and make your own you cab adjust height. There's also another seat in the mini van that's 47" wide that's great in bigger rods. I'm using the bigger one in my 40 pickup.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

rumrumm

I wanted to sit low, so I used a bench seat from Glide Engineerng. They are less expensive than Tea's because you do not have to buy an already-upholstered seat. I like mine--pretty comfy. You can check it out on my web photo site below.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com