More TRP pieces parts

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, December 20, 2007, 03:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

When I finished of the pickup box area I mounted a scissors jack and a fuel filter in the Frame kick up. I made hatches or covers for access but never got around to securing them to the floor.

I had bought some aircraft "push the dot" latches last year and finally put a couple to use on the jack cover. The clamping shoe didn't meet the surrounding floor bottom so I superglued a piece of 1/4" rubber to each one. Makes a nice tight connection.

I did one for the filter cover too but failed to plan ahead in that there wasn't enough vertical clearance to operate the latch. So I had to make another cover and a purpose built bracket to allow attachment at the center of the cover. A 1/4-20 s/s button head goes along with all the others in use throughout the car.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

EMSjunkie

Amazing work Charlie 8)

may hafta hit ya up for some C-cab fabrication :idea:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Very nice Charlie.

I still want to go for a ride.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Very nice Charlie.I still want to go for a ride.
John
Tell him you want to drive it to tell if it steers better than your roadster. GPster

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

VERY nice work Charlie.....look's great.. 8)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Ohio Blue Tip

Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

More excellent work Charlie 8)

Sure beats the heck out of a plastic tote box and a bungee cord (that's how I carry my jack :oops:)
George

chimp koose

Bob C

WOW Charlie. All the years of knowing you, I always thought were just a crazy old fart. I was wrong, you are a pretty smart old fart.  :D Bob