3W coupe in the shop

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 19, 2007, 10:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

Nice car, but not sticky material... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

39deluxe

Nice ride. It looks like it could smoke 'em.

Hey Bugpac. I was up to DeWitt a few hours ago. Stopped at the Speedway to fuel up on my way home from East Tawas.

phat rat

Quote from: "Bugpac"Nice car, but not sticky material... :D

Also a roadster not a cpe
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Bugpac"Nice car, but not sticky material... :D

Also a roadster not a cpe

dUNNO WERE THE PIC WENT, BUT THATS WHAT I THOUGHT TO...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Charlie Chops 1940

It looks like a 2 ton truck to me.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"It looks like a 2 ton truck to me.

Naw its a bambulance i can see where the siren was mounted on the front fender :!:
dave :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"It looks like a 2 ton truck to me.

Naw its a bambulance i can see where the siren was mounted on the front fender :!:

Nope. no Bambulance :(

Its an old Paddy Wagon :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Jbird

Probably one of them vampire rods, they don't have a reflection in a mirror or show up on digital cameras. But, quite nice I'm sure.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Carnut

Yeah, been getting a lot of pics to post with combinations like that.

I just wing it and one like what was shown, would be called a '32 Ford Hiboy Roadster Hardtop' in my world.

rumrumm

Very nice. Love the paint.  What? . . . . You guys can't see it?

LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"Very nice. Love the paint.  What? . . . . You guys can't see it?

LOL!

I used to do lace and cobweb like that back in the early 70's.. Ya its ok but a little dated now.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Jbird

Now that's a three tone paint job I can appreciate, even with the copper metalflake. I always wondered how they got them big flakes to squirt out of that spray gun.    Jbird 8)

Dave

Quote from: "Jbird"Now that's a three tone paint job I can appreciate, even with the copper metalflake. I always wondered how they got them big flakes to squirt out of that spray gun.    Jbird 8)

I used to just put the bigger stuff in my hand and blow it on with an air gun.. Works well but the paint has gotta be pretty wet or it will just fall to the floor on the sides..  Im not really crazy bout that bugatti needs different stripes..

Jbird

Stripes? stripes? we don't need no stinking stripes.

A few years ago (OK a bunch of years ago) a buddy of mine bought a 68 Vette roadster, metal FLAKE green. At first glance, most people mistook it for an upside down ski boat. He degreened it and squirted it with a zillion coats of black lacquer, gorgeous car. Now it sits in the back of his shop collecting dust.  Jbird 8)

Dave

Quote from: "Jbird"Stripes? stripes? we don't need no stinking stripes.

A few years ago (OK a bunch of years ago) a buddy of mine bought a 68 Vette roadster, metal FLAKE green. At first glance, most people mistook it for an upside down ski boat. He degreened it and squirted it with a zillion coats of black lacquer, gorgeous car. Now it sits in the back of his shop collecting dust.  Jbird 8)

I never liked a lot of metal flake and I had a 18 ft marlin jet boat with a 550hp 427 chevy in it and i got lucky .. It was white with a red flake stripe around it so it wasnt over done with flake.. The sun loves flake too it eats the SH&T outta it..  really on the blowgun deal i was doing motorcycle engines,,,I really shouldnt give this one away) and i went to my local painter buddy and he gave me some fairly heavy silver flake and I put it in a salt shaker and it taped off the engine and sprayed it with black wrinkle paint and the last coat id lay on really wet and then id sprinkle the flake on the jugs.(oops politically correct term would be cylinders) I did find out after a while that it went on more consistent if i sprinkled it in my hand and blew it on with the air hose..
Dave