I ordered these today too..

Started by Dave, December 18, 2007, 04:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I know they arent cheap but the have 4 wires and can be cut to length.. Beats trying to make all the stuff like i did before..
http://www.otbgear.com/headlightconduit.html
Dave
I just saw these last night in the new Street Rodder..

EMSjunkie

Actually, I didn't think the price was bad at all 8)

may hafta score a set for the C-cab :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Actually, I didn't think the price was bad at all 8)

may hafta score a set for the C-cab :-o

Vance

Well Vance figuring I made a set for the coupe as i had the braided line and i just had to make the aluminum ends they were cheap.. I just dont have time to do a lot at work anymore so thats why i ordered these. I think they are over priced but what isnt..
Dave :wink:
ps: I should get you that stainless after the first of the year if you still need it..

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
ps: I should get you that stainless after the first of the year if you still need it..

I would appreciate it, I'll put it to good use for sure :idea:  :D

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

CQQL33

Vance, look close at the head light mount on the T-bucket pictured here.  These mounts had a hole drilled through the length of the brakets and the light wires were routed through the frame, and brakets to the head lights.  It made for a very clean and inexpensive head light mount.
Sorry...But I cannot remember where I purchased them (?).  I am sure there is more than one supplier out there......

Bugpac

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

oiler

Just me but exactly how do you run hi/lo beams and turn signals and markers with 4 wires?
I guess if you ground everything through headlight assembly and the bracket to the frame.
I'll have to look closer at my 34 commercial lights  they have 7 wires out the bottom
Jeff

CQQL33

Way to go, Bugpac.....Those are the ones I used on my T-bucket.   They make a very clean installation with no cables or wires hanging out in the breaze...   Thanks buddy, I knew they were still around and they work great and look good too.  Thanks for posting that picture.

Rich

Bugpac

Thanks for making me look, lol...I may have to buy myself some...They have brass to...and ribbed aluminum...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "oiler"Just me but exactly how do you run hi/lo beams and turn signals and markers with 4 wires?
I guess if you ground everything through headlight assembly and the bracket to the frame.
I'll have to look closer at my 34 commercial lights  they have 7 wires out the bottom
Jeff

There you go.. ground em thru the buckets and mounts. I may try and add one more wire for a ground if it will fit.
Dave

oiler

Did one more wire fit Dave?
Jeff

Dave

Quote from: "oiler"Did one more wire fit Dave?
Jeff

Ya Jeff.. what I did was pull one wire then added 2 smaller wires for the parking lights and turn signals.. Worked great.. I used #18 wire for that. It was a little tough getting it all thru the loom but i just took my time and it finally made it.. I had to shorten em a bunch but it all worked and looks sweet.. Ill have to get a pic for you. I had to make a spacer for the model a headlight bucket as the looms have a 1/2 inch thread on em and the bucket has an .812 hole in it. I just made 2 spacers .800 diamater from aluminum with 1/2 inch holes in em and that took the movement or possible movement outta the conector. I did saw off the end on the bucket where the stock a loom hooks on. Also using the stock position i had to turn the halogen kit so the turn signal is on the top instead of the bottom.. Other than that were good to go..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Thanks Rich, I appreciate the info.

Great "bird dog" work Leonard :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

oiler

Jeff

Ya Jeff.. what I did was pull one wire then added 2 smaller wires for the parking lights and turn signals.. Worked great.. I used #18 wire for that. It was a little tough getting it all thru the loom but i just took my time and it finally made it.. I had to shorten em a bunch but it all worked and looks sweet.. Ill have to get a pic for you. I had to make a spacer for the model a headlight bucket as the looms have a 1/2 inch thread on em and the bucket has an .812 hole in it. I just made 2 spacers .800 diamater from aluminum with 1/2 inch holes in em and that took the movement or possible movement outta the conector. I did saw off the end on the bucket where the stock a loom hooks on. Also using the stock position i had to turn the halogen kit so the turn signal is on the top instead of the bottom.. Other than that were good to go..

ordered a set today
nice people to deal with ,very impressed.
Jeff

Dave

Quote from: "oiler"
Jeff

ordered a set today
nice people to deal with ,very impressed.
Jeff

GEE jeff if i knew your were waiting for my report to order id have replied sooner.. I ordered mine on the net and i was supprised how quick they got to me.. I think you will like em.. Let us know what you think..
Dave