Reverse Progress

Started by kb426, December 08, 2007, 03:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I don't want sympathy, I just want to complain. I had to remove the efi harness. I have voltage problems going to the tps. I've done all the simple checks and not found anything. Tomorrow, I'm going to strip the harness and see what's going on. Serves me right for buying a used harness on ebay. Right now I have the pedal assy. out on the welding table. After getting the clutch adjusted where it would need to be, I have too much flex. Rather than chance it, I'm reinforcing most everything on the brackets. Dave's going to beat me easy the way this week has gone. Back to work, rant over.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

ok... taking the harness off when i have problems is the last resort.... it might be bad..

i dont rembember what year and model engine you were working on..

most tps's have three wires.

5 volt reference..
signal return to the ecm(varies with position)
ground...

5v+ ref,   if one of the other items that uses that reference voltage is shorted it can drag that voltage down...

the grounds are sometimes connected together then run to a common terminal.....

if the ground connection terminal was twisted around when it was taken off  it might have broken the wires...     i have also had the the wires pull off the back of the hidden terminals...and had fatigue breaks...

even though my others manuals are boxed.. i keep the engine control diagrams by my computer desk... let me know what yo have again..

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "kb426"I don't want sympathy, I just want to complain.  .

Then you came to the right place :lol:  :lol:

the Complaint Dept Manager is Helen Waite,  If you want to make a complaint you must first go to Helen Waite :D  :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote. Dave's going to beat me easy the way this week has gone.

Who :?:  :?  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****