Mr-Roadster PArts

Started by Bugpac, December 01, 2007, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

Anyone use any of the Mr-roadster brand parts from Speedway motors? Is the quality fair poor excellent etc? Please give feedback...I dont want to throw money away on Something that is not any good, Tho I also want to build at reasonable costs....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

GPster

I may be wrong but years ago (30?) Mr. Roadster was a company that originated in California. They seemed to me to be like a "Gold Chainer" "T" bucket kind of parts. At that time they had their own ads and address but Speedway seemed to be a dealer for their products. The company seemed to drop out of the circuit but the name and the products were still in Speedway's catalog. I feel maybe Speedway bought the company and kept the rights to the name and line of products but is now the manufacturer. Like "Pete & Jakes" on a smaller level. GPster

Bugpac

Yes, I am pretty sure speedway manufactures Mr-roadster parts Now...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Bugpac"Yes, I am pretty sure speedway manufactures Mr-roadster parts Now...

I have always had good luck with Speedway stuff.
used to buy my stock car and sprint car parts from them.
alot of the stuff on my cpe is from Speedway.

my opinion, good stuff. :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Bugpac

donsrods

Yeah, I've used everything from windshield frames to shackles from them.  Not bad quality at all.  I like em.

Don

oiler

I used their windshield frame and all the misc. pieces
no complaints quality is above average
Jeff

dragrcr50

im puting a mr roadster floor mouted brake m/c kit from them with pedal in my willys and it is nice. we hae used thier stuff from time to time n never had a problem at all........good luck
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Uncle Bob

Just a little side note for those who enjoy some hot rod history and quirks of the hobby.  Speedy Bill has often bought other people's enterprises either when they proved to be good ideas or when those folks got into financial trouble (Bill is obviously an astute business man).  That's how he acquired the 27 Track T, the Du Vall windshields, the SoCal VW front suspension members, among others including the Mr. Roadster brand.

Mr. Roadster was originally started by a guy named Jay Ohrberg in California, focusing mostly on T buckets.  He even changed his name to Jay Roadster at the time.  He's since gone on to other ventures, the most notable of which is custom limousines.  His most famous is the 100 ft limo.  You can see some of this flamboyant (to say the least) character's stuff at his website; http://www.jayohrberg.com/index.html   If you click the limousine link you'll see the 100 ft limo among others.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.