brake parts house

Started by phat rat, November 29, 2007, 04:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Need to replace the brakes on my truck. Being as there is 67,000 mi on it I figure on a complete brake job. I seem to remember someone posting a parts supply house on here. The local pricing, parts only, is in excess of $500. I would like to be able to trim it down a bit.  Truck is a 2500HD w/4whl discs
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Bugpac

67k, can you turn the rotors? And put some new pads on it, Cant see it needing anything more....

phat rat

Boy you change avatars like some change socks :lol: It's an 02 I'll know more when I get it torn down. But I don't like the looks of the rear rotors.

Bugpac

It was suggested my avatar was borderline pg, so i changed it on my own free will.... :D

Bugpac

What are you considering "all the parts"

I priced 4 rotors and 2 sets of pads at 300.00

Thats is parts plus house brand and ceramic front pads...

Raybestos rotors with pads were ...390.00

Bugpac

2 different rear rotors, one has a 4.6" center hole, and one has a 4.84" hole. there was about 6.00 difference in the price...

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"2 different rear rotors, one has a 4.6" center hole, and one has a 4.84" hole. there was about 6.00 difference in the price...

Get a new avatar that one sucks :lol: Too busy  :lol: Oh where was I .. I wouldnt have ceramic pads shoved up in Jacks calipers :P  :P .
Ceramic pads suck..
Dave

Bugpac

Ya i agree, they are ceramic oem tho....

phat rat

Yes I'm aware there are two different rear rotors. All parts is rotors, pads and calipers. I tow too much to be borderline on brake performance. I've priced NAPA, Auto Zone, Parts Plus and Advance. Dave why do you say ceramics suck?

Bugpac

Ill find out on the calipers...

Autozone = keep the oem used ones, probbaly far better, i think napa sells the same parts to....

wayne petty

brake calipers tip.. if it came with phenolic pistons be sure the replacment caliper has them also...

some rebuilders use nice shiny stainless steel pistons as replacements..   those tend to let the heat generated in the pads to boil the fluid in the caliper..

the phenolic pistons do a much better job .... even though they need replacing more often do to the surface degrading from the heat...

and the ceramic pads i have seen seem to be old bear brand kevlar pads..

i like carbon metallic pads in the dark blue box...