Anyone know where the....

Started by zzford, November 03, 2007, 02:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzford

My wife has a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer with the inline six in it. I am having trouble finding the fuel filters' location. After searching underneath the car and in the engine compartment, I can't find it anywhere. I'm beginning to think that Chevrolet hid the filter in, perhaps, my attic. I'll never find it in that mess! Anyone know where it's hidden?

Charlie Chops 1940

On my 2002 it was on the drivers side, inside the frame rail about midway front to back. Obscured by a cover as I recall. Haven't looked under my 2007 for it - too new yet.

I traded out of the '02 at 80,000+ and never changed it.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

C9

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"On my 2002 it was on the drivers side, inside the frame rail about midway front to back. Obscured by a cover as I recall. Haven't looked under my 2007 for it - too new yet.

I traded out of the '02 at 80,000+ and never changed it.

Charlie

Same for my Ford Ranger an 2002 Ford SuperCrew as far as location.

I learned the hard way to change em out every 30,000.
Especially after getting a load of dirty gas.

I almost ended up walking home once and Sweetie got stuck up at Gorman on I-5 during a snowstorm.
She was lucky to get a room in the only hotel and the guys at the garage got her going again next morning.

All due to fuel filters that were clogged up.
Part my fault first couple of times, part the dirty gas.

What will happen is the pump has to work so hard against the partially clogged filter it'll burn up eventually.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

tomslik

di-rect from alldata;

FUEL FILTER

The fuel filter is contained in the fuel sender assembly inside the fuel tank. The paper filter element traps particles in the fuel that may damage the fuel injection system. The filter housing is made to withstand maximum fuel system pressure, exposure to fuel additives, and changes in temperature.

just like chrysler;)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list