OLD Iron, Auction.... willing to help

Started by msuguydon, November 01, 2007, 07:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"I've got a trailer and a chainsaw

Pick me up on the way thru will ya.. :lol:  Im actually considering a run down . I will be off work but it is the 2nd day of gun season  :?  We will see how the rest of bow season goes here.. One more and I could take a vacation... For a couple days :!:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

48builder

Quote from: "msuguydon"
This is two hours from my home.... I am willing to host, buy.. etc.. for people.... not sure how I can do this.. without sticking my neck out... but looks like some cool iron....

Looks like a lot of parts there. Not sure if many of those whole cars are salvageable. Plenty of doors, grills, etc to be had. Looks like the hardest part would be getting something out and on a trailer.

Did see a couple things I would l ike to have.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

msuguydon

I checked with the boss, she gave me the okay to host, unkown, internet, serial killers.  She did say if you smell funny or have weapons she will kick you out  :P

Let me know what the plan is....
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

phat rat

Quote from: "msuguydon"I checked with the boss, she gave me the okay to host, unkown, internet, serial killers.  She did say if you smell funny or have weapons she will kick you out  :P

So where do you think Dave fits on her list? :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

msuguydon

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "msuguydon"I checked with the boss, she gave me the okay to host, unkown, internet, serial killers.  She did say if you smell funny or have weapons she will kick you out  :P

ummmmm-- I am thinking Durey INN, 7th street and Margert Ave, Terre Haute, Indiana   :shock:

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "phat rat"

ummmmm-- I am thinking Durey INN, 7th street and Margert Ave, Terre Haute, Indiana   :shock:

Ha Ha

Dave

msuguydon

enjenjo

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I didn't make it. Did any one else? Auction report?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Here are some pics. The Willys was one of two not sure which was the worst/best

phat rat

2 more. Well I tried to add a couple of more but for some reason they didn't go. The Willys were both trucks not cpes

UGLY OLDS

What a shame...From the photos it looks like the auction should have happened about 15 years ago when most of that would still be salvageable... Was the stuff as hard to get out of the area as everybody said??  Some one mentioned lots of "theft" from the area....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat rat

I was told there was an auction there about 25-30 years ago but it was never finished as the old guy stopped it. Most of the stuff was every bit as bad as it looked. As far as the theft issue I didn't see any of that going on. I kinda gave the guy he%# that said there was stealing going on because in my opinion if he saw it he should've reported it to the auction people.