Help finding fastners/Screws

Started by msuguydon, November 01, 2007, 12:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Why is it that I am the source of all the entertainment around here.......  :?  

For once, I would just like an answer...  :roll:
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

river1

i'm thinkin that enjenjo is right

Quote from: "enjenjo"Try Fastenal, they can usually match one.

a quick search in Terre Haute found a couple of fastenals

Fastenal INTER
1009 Poplar St.
Terre Haute, IN 47807
(812)232-6000

and not too far from your Durey INN

Fastenal INTEE
4420 S. 7th St.
Terre Haute, IN 47802
(812)298-9210

if they don't have it they will know who does.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "msuguydon"McMaster-Carr Part # 92470A254

18-8 SS Pan Head Phillips Sheet Metal Screw No 10 Size, 2-1/4" Length

What do you think?  Close.... but my screw has 3/4 of an inch of no thread at the top

Hey Don..That's not a wood screw, ( they have a taper in the thread area ), it looks just like the screws that hold the arm rests in the Ugly Olds....My car was a virgin when I tore it down.." Violated" once or twice ,but still original...Look in a 5-6-7 parts supplier catalog on line.....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

ok... not that an image...  hot...

i am 95% sure that osh has some... in 2 or 3 packs... i passed 3 osh stores today on my friday rounds...  but really did not have the exact size... i will trek out again tomorrow..  whats really nice about living in hollywood is being able to watch the hollywood sign when i am typing..  having the orange glow from a home depot store sign  come through the window.. and having a really well stocked Orchard hardware onle a half block past that...

the draw backs..  the roar of heavy traffic twice a day...early morning trucks and the banzi motorcycle runs between 3 and 4 am...

msuguydon

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "msuguydon"McMaster-Carr Part # 92470A254

18-8 SS Pan Head Phillips Sheet Metal Screw No 10 Size, 2-1/4" Length

What do you think?  Close.... but my screw has 3/4 of an inch of no thread at the top

Hey Don..That's not a wood screw, ( they have a taper in the thread area ), it looks just like the screws that hold the arm rests in the Ugly Olds....My car was a virgin when I tore it down.." Violated" once or twice ,but still original...Look in a 5-6-7 parts supplier catalog on line.....

hmmmmm, these look close  

1957 Arm Rest To Door Screws
Arm Rest To Door Screw

1957 150/210 arm rest to door screw 2 1/4" set. 6 piece, fits all except 1957 Bel Air

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

UGLY OLDS

Yumpin' Yimminy... :!:    You may be on to somethin' there  :shock: ....   (Boy, wish I woulda thought of that.. :?)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****