Online bearing finder?

Started by jaybee, October 29, 2007, 03:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Does anyone know of an online bearing finder, where you can put in dimensions and get the correct part number?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

35WINDOW

What you are looking for is an IBI Interchange-depending on the style/size/type, I can help on a lot of them-give us some dimensions (id/width/inner corner radius, etc) and style (tapered roller, torrington/etc)-

There are many, many Bearing Suppliers out there-Bearings are classified by size/type/load rating/etc., and a lot of Bearing Manufacture's try and standardize the size to their Part Number, but a lot of them do not match (a Timken Part number will generally be different than, say, a RBC)-

jaybee

I'm looking for 2 part numbers
id:     1.2504          and          0.7498
od:    2.5640          and          2.0805
width: .7590           and         .7180

I don't know the corner radius, however.

unklian

Automotive bearing numbers are frequently different from industrial bearings.

The only difference in size,could be the ID is around .001" bigger.

1FATGMC

I replaced the roller bearings in the Datsun Z rearend I'm using in my lakester with ball bearings.

Here is were I found the replacement ones that had the same dimensions:

http://www.skf.com/portal/skf_us/home/products?contentId=519950&lang=en

Here is where I ordered them from:

http://www.bearingplace.com/

Hope this might help,

Sum

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "jaybee"I'm looking for 2 part numbers

John:

You did not state if you are looking for ball bearings or roller bearings.

Your specs appear to be non-standard dimensions.  .....Most bearings are in whole millimeter sizes, or in fractional inch sizes.

1.2504" = 31.760mm                                
2.5640" = 65.125mm                              
 .7590" = 19.278mm  

.7498" = 19.044mm        
2.0805" = 52.844mm
  .7180" = 18.237mm

Are these existing bearings which you have and need replacements?  ....If so, what is the application?

Or, are they a a combination of a desired ID and desired OD and desired width?   ....If so, you are probably S.O.L.!!

Some equipment manufacturers spec odd-sized "special" bearings so that you must return to them to buy replacements.  .....Of course the bearing makers will provide anything you want, if you order a sufficient quantity.  ......As usual, quantity affects price!

I have several bearing catalogs and interchanges.  ....I will gladly search through them if you can provide more info.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

jaybee

Bruce, I'm looking for tapered rollers.  My actual application is front tapered rollers to fit a 55/6/7 Chevy hub.  A couple of sources sell the bearings as a "conversion kit" but they're pretty expensive.  I framed the post the way I did for two reasons 1) I'll learn more than just saying "what bearing fits this?"  2) Hopefully the information would be of interest to someone besides me.

unklian

Quote from: "jaybee"I'm looking for 2 part numbers

Try this page:
http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/products?maincatalogue=1&lang=en&newlink=1_14_7
Click on "dimensions".

The dimensions are in metric,divide by 25.4 to convert into inches.

I found some that looked close,except on the D.
Maybe they measure them different.

Don't know if industrial bearings have a corner rad.

wayne petty

i have looked that up...... a while ago...

but where did i write it down...

the parts are normal stock... in most parts stores... including the seal...

for everybodys knowlege...

the national seal crossreference is book # 415..

there are two bca bearing interchange books... differnt dates... both with the same number.. #315...  ill see if i can find mine...

look up both sets of part numbers first...  69-72 chevelle is the rotor to use for the disc swap for shoe boxes...

wayne petty

Quote from: "wayne petty"i have looked that up...... a while ago...

but where did i write it down...

the parts are normal stock... in most parts stores... including the seal...

for everybodys knowlege...

the national seal crossreference is book # 415..

there are two bca bearing interchange books... differnt dates... both with the same number.. #315...  ill see if i can find mine...

the 55-57 shoebox ball  bearings

#BO1 outer
 .750/19.04mm ID
2.0805/52.84 mm OD
W  .718/18.24mm

#B40 inner
1.250/31.76mm ID
2.564/65.13mm OD
w  .759

seal # 6985

the bearings for the 69-72 chevelle spindle... are A2 or set 2 outer..
set 6 or A 6 inner,   and an 8705S  seal...so far i cannot find the bearing dimentions for these 2 bearing sets... that would only help the folks wanting to install disc brakes on their shoebox...

(warning the A2/A6  bearing combo will not fit the chevelle rotor on the
shoebox spindle)

i have not found my 515/315 catalog to get the cross over numbers if to put the chevelle rotors on the shoe box hubs.. the seals for the cross will be either a 7630 or 7934S    chevelle seal housing boore 2.400, shoebox shaft size 1.875...

there are dozens of differnt bearing manufacturers... the expencive bearings you are looking for may be specials...

jaybee

Thanks for all the info everyone.  My actual plan is to do something a little different than the Chevelle rotors.  I want to use C4 or C5 Corvette 12" rotors with late GM pickup calipers.  Because these are hubless rotors I need to either fit the original rotors with roller bearings or change to later A or B body hubs.  Most people who keep the drums but fit roller bearings now use the A or B hubs but if you don't already have the hubs that's additional expense.  A couple of sources have the right bearings and seals as a package, but they charge a premium price.  Seems like if you had the right part numbers you should be able to put it together more reasonably.

Jbird

I just did a ball to tapered roller conversion on a 57 Chevy 2 door post. The kit included new hubs, with races and lug studs installed, new inner & outer bearings and new seals. The kit cost my customer $205.00 from the local restoration parts guru. In contrast, just ONE original style outer ball bearing with races is about $65.00. Now that I have the P/Ns off the bearings, maybe I can save the next guy some duckets.

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance