Introduction

Started by hotrodsnguns, May 20, 2004, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrodsnguns

Hi guess I have been lurking and getting great advice, on here long enough without introducing myself.  My name is Tom I am a mortgage broker in Fresno, CA.  My projects are an 82 Corvette (even though the CA dmv has it as an 83 model and first year sold as 83, even though Chevrolet never made an 83 Vette) the 350 has been bored and stroked to 383 with 202 heads and lots of other goodies.  The suspension has been updated to late modern Z51 with neoprene bushings and larger sway bars; the 700R has a shift kit and a different torque converter.  I also have a 61 International Scout with a sbc and Dana 44 running gear.  In the wings is a 57 Chevy not sure what it is going to look like.  I live on 8 acres a few miles east of town with a great mountain view when it is clear, 10 or 20 days a year.  I have a three car shop and a barn big enough to hold at least 6 cars.  Thanks for all the great tips on my lawn mower problem, it is running great by the way and I still do not know what went wrong or how it was fixed just followed some of your great hints.

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Tom.  Nice folks here with a great knowledge base.  Enjoy and speak up as the spirit leads you.  And post some pics of those rides 'n projects when you get a chance ...sounds like some fun stuff.  Thanks for joining!   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

phat46

Welcome, I take it by your name that you have another interest other than cars. Do tell....

SKR8PN

Welcome,glad you got your mower fixed, and please tell us more about your interest in things that go "bang"!!!
I believe I have the same fetish....
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Sean

Quote from: "phat46"Welcome, I take it by your name that you have another interest other than cars. Do tell....

Yes, a few of us here are also into the shooting sports. I do Sporting Clays, Centerfire and Rimfire Benchrest, IPSC style Pistol, and shoot in the occasional Blackpowder match.

SKR8PN

Sean,......
I used to shoot sporting clays pretty regularly,but never got as good as I wanted,so I switched to trap. The mindset for trap seems to fit me better. I also used to have a thing for long range big bore rifle, long range rimfire pistol,but also the beer can and bowling pin pistol shoots. My current, all around plinking pistole' is a .22 Ruger MK in stainless with a 10 inch bull barrel,Weaver mount and a Leupold 2X glass mounted on top.
Cheap,but fun.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

purplepickup

Quote from: "hotrodsnguns"Hi guess I have been lurking and getting great advice, on here long enough without introducing myself.  My name is Tom

Welcome to the RRT Tom.  As you know if you've been lurking, there's a great bunch of people here with lots of knowledge they're willing to share.

Quote from: "SKR8PN"My current, all around plinking pistole' is a .22 Ruger MK in stainless with a 10 inch bull barrel,Weaver mount and a Leupold 2X glass mounted on top.
Cheap,but fun.

That's my favorite too Jim.  I've got a stainless MK with a 7" bull barrel.  Like you say.....cheap and fun to shoot.
George

GPster

I'm glad you announced yourself. I have a hard time thinking about having a lurker in our midst that has guns. GPster

hotrodsnguns

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Welcome,glad you got your mower fixed, and please tell us more about your interest in things that go "bang"!!!
I believe I have the same fetish....

I shoot mainly bench and varmint.  Guns of choice are a 223 Remington 700 bull barrel, synthetic stock with a Nikon 6x20x50mm mil dot.  Also use the same rifle with a laminated stock in 220 swift and the Nikon scope.  I am very lucky to have access to 12,000 acres of foothill land covered with ground "rats".  Try to get out there at least twice a month and keep their population down.

Sean

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Sean,......
I used to shoot sporting clays pretty regularly,but never got as good as I wanted,so I switched to trap.

I usually break around 35 out of 50 so I'm not too good at it either. Its about the most fun you can have with a shotgun though, IMO. "Golf with a Shotgun" is a good description....

Sean

Quote from: "hotrodsnguns"
I shoot mainly bench and varmint.

I have family out in southwest Kansas and go out every once in a while for Prairie Dogs. I guess they are getting to be a major problem lately, last time I went out they had poisoned every Town in the area. I don't know how the Prairie Dogs feel about it, but I think I would rather be shot than poisoned.... :shock:

I just traded for a new (to me) varmint rifle the other day. It uses the 722 Remington Action with a straight tapered Bull BBL chambered for .222 Rem.

OzRod

Welcome Tom, great bunch of guys here and always willing to help out. Enjoy your stay. :b-d: