Experience w/ starting a Car Club, am I being foolish?

Started by msuguydon, October 23, 2007, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brti

You guys are GREAT! :D  You've answered all of my questions about clubs that I already knew the answers too,(sort of) :(D)
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

alchevy

I joined a club several years ago and it's members met monthly to work on each other's projects. Had a lot of work meetings at my place. That worked out very well for me because I was learning a lot about car building. I paid the club back by doing a lot in the club and became a vital part of the club. Then it rained at our car show and the officers at the time decided that they had to change a lot of things about the show. I brought up concerns that the club could not handle the dollar figure that they were fixing to get into. I had some other concerns too and was told behind my back and in front of me that I needed to be quiet, that those were the details.
Long story short, I got out of that club and so did about 50% of the members. Several of us got together last year and put together another club. This new club has no officers, no dues, no committees, etc. It's called "1 Rule Street Rods" and that rule is to have fun! And that's exactly what we have been doing. We have about 20something members so far and want to become the largest street rod club in the world.
Our annual meeting is coming up this weekend in Crossett, Arkansas at the Klassy Kruzers Fun Run.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com