My new Rajo conversion....and '53 Chevy

Started by ChevyGirlRox, October 23, 2007, 04:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChevyGirlRox

Some of you may have seen my post last week asking about Rajo conversions, well, I took the plunge and bought the car.  Here is the story....

After looking at it Friday night I discovered it was in fact a 235ci truck engine.  There had been a 216ci in it at sometime but it is now a 235ci.
It is a complete Rajo conversion with both the head and intake.  
After hearing the crack of her splits Friday night I knew I had to have her.  I brought her home Saturday.
Here is a pic of me and the former owner with her:

Here is a picture of her, "Black Beauty" as he called her:

And here is the part of her I love the most:

She was built 28 years ago so she is little dated.  I plan to lower it some and get rid of the etched windows, the period correct mural, the yellow traction bars and put some stock wheels and tires on her.  

One of the things I liked best was the stock appearance of the dash and the interior as a whole.  The seats are a little furry but way too comfy to change:

Here are some more pictures...

I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

chimp koose

Thats NICE! the only thing I would change if it were mine are the rims. I think chrome reverse with baby moons would suit the look .

river1

SWEET!!!

i'd be doing about the same as you are doing to it, but i'd have to lose the fuzzy seats.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

37fordcoupe

COOL CAR..

If it were mine I think I would lower it a couple of inches,change the wheels... And leave the rest alone..

NICE>>>>
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TO MUCH SPACE

enjenjo

Quote from: "37fordcoupe"COOL CAR..

If it were mine I think I would lower it a couple of inches,change the wheels... And leave the rest alone..

NICE>>>>

Ditto
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Oh yeah...She's a looker for shore!:shock:  It sounds like you're going to do just what she needs to simplify the look.  Black cars look nicest without too many added geegaws IMHO.  That setup under the hood is just too awesome. 8).....except I'm not a big fan of braided hose covers.
George

1FATGMC

Great car Megan!!  I agree, along with most of the others on your plans for the car.  I think I would even keep the etched glass for a while.  I wouldn't ever do it, but it might be fine on that car and is some of the history of the car.  A little lowered and different wheels and leave it alone.

Hope to c ya next summer,

Sum

kb426

Excellent starting place. Unless there's a bunch of surprises hiding, you'll be at your goal in a short time. That has to be better than "bringing one back from the dead".
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

the traction bars have come back into style again...

think over the changes to make the car "yours"....

this is just the next chapter in this car's history you are about to write... 8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rumrumm

Looks like you lucked into a very nice car. Congratulations, Megan. I'd be proud to be driving that car.  I might look into getting the exhaust manifold ceramic coated at some point. It will keep the corrosion at bay.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

ChevyGirlRox

Quote from: "purplepickup"Oh yeah...She's a looker for shore!:shock:  It sounds like you're going to do just what she needs to simplify the look.  Black cars look nicest without too many added geegaws IMHO.  That setup under the hood is just too awesome. 8).....except I'm not a big fan of braided hose covers.

I plan to change out the hoses.  I'm not really a fan either.  I'm thinking about using that red opague hose for the fuel lines.  I really like the look of it.  Seeing as how the fuel block is mounted on the firewall I can't use any type of hardline to the carbs.  That is unless I move the fuel block.  If I move the fuel block I fear vapor lock.  SO, I guess I'll just probably use that red line :lol:

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Great car Megan!!  I agree, along with most of the others on your plans for the car.  I think I would even keep the etched glass for a while.  I wouldn't ever do it, but it might be fine on that car and is some of the history of the car.  A little lowered and different wheels and leave it alone.

Hope to c ya next summer,

Sum

The etching really doesn't bother me that bad.  It is flowers and I am a girl so it kind of works.  I have a cover design in mind I will probably tape out this weekend to see how it works.  I guess over time as money allows I will replace the glass out.

Quote from: "rumrumm"Looks like you lucked into a very nice car. Congratulations, Megan. I'd be proud to be driving that car.  I might look into getting the exhaust manifold ceramic coated at some point. It will keep the corrosion at bay.

Yes, I definitely need to do that soon.  Everytime I open the hood that rusty manifolds stares right at me!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  I am really excited about making her mine!
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Jbird

We used that red transparent hose on my buddies 56 chevy sedan/delivery, it totally completed the three duce setup on his 327.

Too bad you couldn't peel off that mural and give it to the previous owner.
Congratulations, nice car, keep them pics coming.

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

48builder

That is really a cool car! I almost bought one a couple weeks ago, now I wish I had. My wife kept telling me to go ahead and buy it, but I waited too long and it was gone.  :cry:
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver