Block Hugger header Question...

Started by Sean, February 13, 2004, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimc

Quote from: "Sean"Do SBC "Hugger" type headers hang straight down, or do they angle in towards the block a little?

I am getting ready to put a new engine in my F100 and I need to do away with the Full size Headers that I have on it now. The passenger side header had to be heated and bent because it hit the frame, and it eats exhaust gaskets like crazy.

I also looked at Heddmans S-10 headers, and while I know for sure that they will fit, Huggers are about $40 cheaper.

The original 352 was offset an inch or two towards the passenger side and since the Chevy set right down on the original Ford frame towers I just left it that way. If the Huggers hang plumb, they will hit the frame, but if they angle in, I think they will work.

Sean, did you know about Mospeed in Nixa?

I re read your post and just happened to think about Mospeed.
It is a pretty well stocked shop with one room for Carbs.
They do some assy there, too.
I am not sure where Fulton is, but may be a drive for you.

Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Sean

Fulton is about 4 miles south of where Highway 54 intersects I-70. Or 20 miles north of Jefferson City, or 20 miles east of Columbia, whichever is easiest to envision....

I have heard of Nixa, but don't know where its at. I know Central and Northeast Missouri pretty well, but if I get south of Lake Ozark, or West of Boonville, I'm as good as lost.

Jimc

Quote from: "Sean"Fulton is about 4 miles south of where Highway 54 intersects I-70. Or 20 miles north of Jefferson City, or 20 miles east of Columbia, whichever is easiest to envision....

I have heard of Nixa, but don't know where its at. I know Central and Northeast Missouri pretty well, but if I get south of Lake Ozark, or West of Boonville, I'm as good as lost.
I hear you on getting lost, I know my back yard, but get me on the other side of town, and I'm lost

Nixa is straight south of Springfield on what is Campbell street in Spring field.
And  Mospeed is on the east side of the hiwy.
campbell is the road Bass Pro is on.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Sean

It would be nice to have a local Speed Shop, but there are too many Circle * around here. If a Speed Shop did open up, 90% of their stock would have to be Dirt Track parts or they would go out of business. Even the swap meets around here are mostly Dirt Track stuff.