Transport question

Started by Flathead50, October 09, 2007, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flathead50

My new toy is being delivered tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go get it myself, so I had one of the big transport companies pick it up in a big rig. Someone asked me if you tip the driver, and I realized that I don't know.

anyone here use transports? Do you tip the driver? If so, how much? It was about a 1000 mile trek in an enclosed transport, and my 50 Ford needed to be winched up, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Timothy

DD: 04 Ford F350 PSD
Jeep: 88 Grand Wagoneer 4" lift on 33s 360/727/229
Project: 1950 Ford 4dr Deluxe rebuilt flattie with dual glasspacks

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Flathead50"My new toy is being delivered tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to go get it myself, so I had one of the big transport companies pick it up in a big rig. Someone asked me if you tip the driver, and I realized that I don't know.

anyone here use transports? Do you tip the driver? If so, how much? It was about a 1000 mile trek in an enclosed transport, and my 50 Ford needed to be winched up, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
well you were charged to winch it up in your agreement and you were charged plenty to haul it, and most drivers are the owners of the truck anyway.... D&G has hauled 87 for me and i have never tipped them , they gave me my 50th free .... I can only think of one instance where a driver went way out of his way to make the car extra safe  enough to be tipped after paying a grand anyway... enjoy your new toy  too by the way
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

MrMopar64

BTW... We used D&G to get that suburban out of New Mexico everything worked out great THANKS dragrcr50....  :)

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Flathead50

Thanks dragrcr50, that's the info I was looking for. I'll post pics up in the readers ride section later today.
Timothy

DD: 04 Ford F350 PSD
Jeep: 88 Grand Wagoneer 4" lift on 33s 360/727/229
Project: 1950 Ford 4dr Deluxe rebuilt flattie with dual glasspacks

dragrcr50

Quote from: "MrMopar64"BTW... We used D&G to get that suburban out of New Mexico everything worked out great THANKS dragrcr50....  :)

MM64  8)
good deal, i really like to deal with candice there....
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,