cool flex rad hoses

Started by oiler, October 07, 2007, 10:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oiler

Has anybody used these type of hoses http://www.coolflex.com/  ?
I've got this Ramjet installed and finished but the upper rad hose has to curve behind the altenator and the forward to the rad.
I could use 2 and join them but I've seen these Cool Flex hoses and I'm curious as the whether they are any good
Thanks for any help
Jeff

Charlie Chops 1940

I used a set of Parr Automotives brand on my track roadster. I had trouble with one of the hose sizes but I found a chunk of hose that would work. I think the water pump end on the 153 4 cyl was slightly larger than the hose piece supplied. Other than that it worked well and fit where a rubber hose wouldn't.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

used the stuff on a couple of my cars years ago when i used to  finish stuff..

work well.

Watch out for engine movement in a short run.... it may pull too hard on the radiator

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Leon

I'm using the stuff from Summit and have had no problems.  It has 1 3/4 connectors with reducers for 1 1/2 and 1 1/4.  It worked so well that I bought more to hook up the crossflow radiator in the Mustang.

Dave

Ive used the cheap and the expensive kits.. No problem. I got a 48 inch kit with 4 polished ends at kzoo for 50 bucks.. Cash talks .. :lol:  :lol:
dave

C9

This is the convoluted hose, right?
Ribbed & chrome plated.
Rubber ends.

I think they get their basic ribbed pipe in copper from a plumbing supply manufacturer, but I've never been able to find out were.

The stuff would look ok powder coated and work well.

I note that some of the convoluted street rod market hose may be stainless.

If we could buy from a plumbing supply house, it would be a lot cheaper.

Far as solving a problem with it, a couple of 90's in formed rubber hoses connected with a short run of tubing to connect them is a very economical way out.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

rumrumm

I used them on my '32, and I have a pretty severe bend in the lower hose. No problems, but beware--they get hotter than a popcorn f*#t. My inner forearm found out the hard way.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

donsrods

I understand they now have them in black also in addition to the chrome finish.

Don

Dave

Quote from: "donsrods"I understand they now have them in black also in addition to the chrome finish.

Don

red black blue they got a bunch of colors now..
Dave

Mikej

I had them but replaced them. I had a broken motor mount which when the motor raised, flex the radiator tank, cracking it because there wasn't give in the coolflex hose. Granted if I had caught the broken motor mount sooner this won't have happen. The only reason I found the motor mount was because of the radiator leak. I  had to take the hood off and go for a ride before it became apparent that it sprayed under hard acceleration. Which seems to happen often :lol:

Dave

Quote from: "Mikej"I had them but replaced them. I had a broken motor mount which when the motor raised, flex the radiator tank, cracking it because there wasn't give in the coolflex hose. Granted if I had caught the broken motor mount sooner this won't have happen. The only reason I found the motor mount was because of the radiator leak. I  had to take the hood off and go for a ride before it became apparent that it sprayed under hard acceleration. Which seems to happen often :lol:

Well sir maybe you ought to either get your foot looked at or log on to the hamb  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Just kiding..
I guess you didnt have the mounts that will break but not mess anything up. Ya I dont blame ya its a thing we just dont need if were gonna look good...
Dave  :lol:  :arrow: