Lance

Started by Kctom, May 19, 2004, 02:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

What is the best motel to stay at for the show at springfield
TOM :?:

Bob K

Quote from: "Kctom1"What is the best motel to stay at for the show at springfield

THE BATES MOTEL

:lol:    :lol:   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

b  8) b
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

awsum34

Tom, We stay at the Crystalair Inn ( was called the Pear Tree Inn) just down from the host hotel. I think most of the Hotels are going to be booked in town.  Last year the booked me twice so i had two rooms. We will be getting there around 11 or 12 Friday if you want to call me and see if they did it again.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

couper

Quote from: "Kctom1"What is the best motel to stay at for the show at springfield
Tom, I called a few of the higher profile hotels tonight and everyone is booked, including the one Rick suggested. You can however, call the Chamber of Commerce here in town: 1-417-862-5567, or this info.# at 1-800-678-8767 after 8am and they can tell you what's still available (if anything).
Although it's kinda' late to get a reservation, I'm sure you know the routine of putting yourself on a waiting list. Kristy calls them virtually everyday until she gets an opening (my personal travel agent and wife!).
As you know, so many rodders will book multiple rooms, thinking buddies, etc. might need them, then cancel their extra rooms a couple weeks or just days before the show. You might get lucky.
Any hotel/motel you can get up by the host hotel (Sheraton) at Glenstone and Kearney would be the prime area for the cruising fri. and sat. nights.
Here's a few local hotels and  numbers on North Glenstone very near the host hotel if you want to try your luck:

Chrystalaire (totally non-smoking hotel): 417-869-0001
Best Western: 417-862-0701 (www.elliottlodging.com)
Lamplighter north: 417-869-3900
Comfort Inn north: 417-869-8246 (1-800-228-5150)
Hampton Inn north:417-869-5548 (1-800-HAMPTON)
Budget Inn (next to Sheraton) 417-866-7400
Microtel Inn (just north of I44 on Glenstone) 1-888-771-7171
Motel 6 (same as above) 417-833-0802
Oasis 417-866-5253 (www.oasisinnconventioncenter.com)
Springfield Inn: 417-866-6776
Good luck, and I'm looking forward to seeing that ride of yours!
Lance

Tom,I got a room earlier this week at the Springfield Inn....Never stayed there before....the only thing I could find in town.
                                                                                                             Lance...Your new e-mail address doesn't seem to be working,sent an email to your old address...not sure if that's still active?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Daryle, you taking a car there?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Bib_Overalls

I'm picking up "Hot Stuff" at the upholstry shop in the morning.  Going to do the Piggot show on Saturday.  Good shake down run.  As for Springfield I plan on leaving Jonesboro on Thursday morning and should be in around lunch time.  This will be my first NSRA Nationals.  If you see a flat black 32 roadster with a little devil on the cowel come on over and say "Hi".  Friend has a room for me someplace (I hope).
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

WZ JUNK

We are staying at the Interstate Inn which is directly across the street from the fairgrounds.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

couper

Quote from: "40"Tom,I got a room earlier this week at the Springfield Inn....Never stayed there before....the only thing I could find in town.
                                                                                                             Lance...Your new e-mail address doesn't seem to be working,sent an email to your old address...not sure if that's still active?
Daryle, I went back to my old email address (barneysrodshop@cs.com)just after a week of using the new online company which was a mistake.....long story.

"Daryle, you taking a car there?"....Are you kidding :roll: The 36 is STILL in the paint shop...the debate is whether he or I will die first before the car is painted! I am also restoring a 35 Coupe at present,but it is also blown apart at another paint shop...the progress there is much faster,however it will be completely stock and not much fun to drive out of town.I do have plenty of stuff to drive to the 50's,Goodguys,etc so I won't be walking all summer...just nothing old enough for the NSRA events.I will be riding with a young friend of mine...his name is Brent...I introduced him to you 2 or 3 years ago at the Nat's...He's a very tall young man (If he sticks his tounge out and turns sideways,he looks like a zipper).He just finished a glass 37 convertible and this will be it's first show...he's 21,built the car himself,and it turned out very nicely.He's never been to an NSRA event with his car,so should be a lot of fun for him! Anyway...Save me a seat in Big Olds  :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

btrc

"I will be riding with a young friend of mine...his name is Brent...I introduced him to you 2 or 3 years ago at the Nat's...He's a very tall young man (If he sticks his tounge out and turns sideways,he looks like a zipper).He just finished a glass 37 convertible and this will be it's first show...he's 21,built the car himself,and it turned out very nicely."

Daryle, "it turned out nicely" is kind of an understatement, don't you think.  Brent's car came out really, really good.

Bob
Bob