By way of introduction...

Started by Jimmy Jay, May 19, 2004, 02:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Jay

Hello all,

I have been lurking here now and again for a while and decided I should become a legal viewer.

I'm Jay, I work with Purple Pickup and have a 48 GMC project pickup in pieces in the barn.

My last project was a Down's bodied glass (gasp) Deuce Vicky.  Longed for that car since I was 12 years old.  Once I got it I found how impractical it really was.  Spent two years getting it done and on the road and then drove it for four.

Decided that RV travel was more enjoyable so sold the Deuce for a 32' Holiday Rambler.  Still have the HR but missed the rod.

Found the '48 at the Kazoo Nats last September (some of you RRT folks may have seen the smile on my face as I bragged about it to PP!).  Well, after closer inspection, the thing got gutted.  I'm collecting what I need (electrical, mostly) and am in the process of rewiring it completely.

It has a '72 Nova clip which looks solid (square and straight) and it drove nicely.  I hope it still will when I get it back together.

I see some very intelligent responses here and will jump in for ideas now and again.

As for my knowledge, well, let's say I'm still learning.

With this board and the RV boards I'm registered on, I may never get ANY work done during business hours...

So, hello again, and see you in the funny papers.
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.  :wink:

Fat Cat

Welcome aboard Jay. I seem to remember meeting you at the Zoo. We are a pretty(not really) laid back bunch and have alot of fun. So just jump in and we will have you on the road and crusin in no time.

Ohio Blue Tip

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear you have to work with PP! LOL
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Jimmy Jay

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Welcome aboard, sorry to hear you have to work with PP! LOL

Actually, I usually feel bad for PP since I usually have the dumb questions!

It is nice to be able to share ideas and get feedback from one who has been there, done that.

GPster

You'll have the hardest job if you try to build a '47 to '55 Chevy/GMC truck, panel, suburban, COE or fire truck differant than the way somebody has or is thinking to build one on this board. I thought long ago that this board ought to have a picture of one on its letterhead. But then someone might think we were an exclusive group,but we're not. Haven't got any relatives outside of Denver you'd like to drive out and see? George would probably split the gas with you. How big is the back door on that RV? Don't let him steer. Might end up in Canada or Mexico. GPster (Yeh! I got one of them too)

Jimmy Jay

Quote from: "GPster"You'll have the hardest job if you try to build a '47 to '55 Chevy/GMC truck, panel, suburban, COE or fire truck differant than the way somebody has or is thinking to build one on this board. I thought long ago that this board ought to have a picture of one on its letterhead. But then someone might think we were an exclusive group,but we're not. Haven't got any relatives outside of Denver you'd like to drive out and see? George would probably split the gas with you. How big is the back door on that RV? Don't let him steer. Might end up in Canada or Mexico. GPster (Yeh! I got one of them too)

Yeah, he's talked about that new/old cab he bought.  Shouldn't be too hard to pull a trailer behind ol' Moby Grape, and the accomodations would be kinda cheap.

enjenjo

Welcome Jay!!! I didn't think PP had any friends but us, and we don't like him all that well :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "enjenjo"Welcome Jay!!! I didn't think PP had any friends but us, and we don't like him all that well :lol:

Yea its more a matter of tolerance. Right, George? :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Welcome Jay!!! I didn't think PP had any friends but us, and we don't like him all that well :lol:

Yea its more a matter of tolerance. Right, George? :lol:

Mutual tolerance, Frank :wink:

Welcome Jay!    :b-d:
I'll fill you in on the dirt on everyone later :shock:
George

SKR8PN

Welcome to the board Jimmy Jay. Don't believe word George says about me.  It's lies...all lies I say :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Jimmy Jay"I work with Purple Pickup and have a 48 GMC project pickup in pieces in the barn.

Good to have you here and post pictures as you work on the GMC.

Surprised to hear you can get on the internet at work.  I would have thought George would have had all the lines tied up himself  :lol:

c ya, Sum

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"Mutual tolerance, Frank :wink:

Hey I never said I could tolerate you. :mrgreen: I have a hard time with the old man much less anyone else.  :twisted:

Hope you can learn to deal with us nut cases, Jay. :wink:

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Jay.  Post some pics of the GMC when you get a chance.  It's always encouraging to the rest of us to find someone behind or ahead of where we are on our projects.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

phat46

Welcome, any friend of Georges is well, probably o.k. ....I guess...I dunno...

Welcome....We are definately a strange mix around here...but...if you already know George...well...you'll fit right in :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"