1927 to1934 Continental Flyer

Started by kiwipaul, October 02, 2007, 05:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwipaul

I have and had for some time now a (Made From ) 1927 to 1934 Continental Flyer. This car will be rebuild as original as possible . I have for some time been putting parts that are missing together. We are going to start on the car this coming year. I have most of what I need for the car. I got a tail shaft from a 1927 Rugby as they run the Continental motor. But I have found out that it is not the same. I would be able to get one made at some cost I would say, but I was thinking that I might find some one on here that might no more than me (witch is not much) I am all so doing a 1942 Jail Bar hot rod  and found ( a friend did) the Continental  in a paddock and for the money that I paid for it could not pass it up. If it had been left where it was for much longer it have been worth nothing and I look at it that I saved it from a rusting death. The car is a four door Sedan 6cyl motor . The grille and grille surround was missing , one back bumper , water pump all things that I have been able to get the same or a close to the same .
A Ford man that like all cars

ProEnfo

Quote....."I am all so doing a 1942 Jail Bar hot rod
"

Can you explain what that is?

CC

enjenjo

Quote from: "ProEnfo"
Quote....."I am all so doing a 1942 Jail Bar hot rod
"

Can you explain what that is?

CC

42 to 47 Ford pickup. The grille looks like jail bars, so that's what those criminal types in OZ call them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kiwipaul

Thanks enjenjo you have explained. 1940 pick up  Cab with the Jail Bar front steel. Jag front end 9" rear 360 Rambler motor, Will be chopped 4'' should be on the road in 12 months. What do you non criminal types up there call them LOL.
A Ford man that like all cars

enjenjo

QuoteWhat do you non criminal types up there call them LOL

I call them ugly, or donor trucks. I have no idea what the non criminal types here call them. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.