Cam/Kit replaceement

Started by timkins, September 18, 2007, 09:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

Quote from: "timkins"I am experiencing some lifter noise that goes away after the car has run for several minutes. The car is running with about 60#s of pressure. I am not sure of the mileage on the motor or if it was rebuilt at the time it was installed as I am the second or third owner after the rebuild.

it might be time for a little marvel mystery oil... it has freed up noisy lifters since t buckets were new off the ford line...

the lifters may have a little varnish in them.. or it could one going bad...more than likely varnish holding the pittle valve or check valve open.

1 pint of marvel to the oil..

Dave

Quote from: "wayne petty"
Quote from: "timkins"I am experiencing some lifter noise that goes away after the car has run for several minutes. The car is running with about 60#s of pressure. I am not sure of the mileage on the motor or if it was rebuilt at the time it was installed as I am the second or third owner after the rebuild.

it might be time for a little marvel mystery oil... it has freed up noisy lifters since t buckets were new off the ford line...

the lifters may have a little varnish in them.. or it could one going bad...more than likely varnish holding the pittle valve or check valve open.

1 pint of marvel to the oil..

we always used a pint of atf..
Dave