Day 2 at thr Zoo.. Holy S&*T Denise is down !

Started by Dave, September 15, 2007, 06:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well Sue and I got to Kzoo a little late today but by choice.. I heard some rumors to the effect of Denise having a little problem while wiping her dads car off.  Well some time after noon I came back to the spot were we gather and she was there in a cast   :shock: .. She was wiping the car down and stepped back out of the car (she was doing the roof) and screwed up her achelies (spelling) tendon.  :(  Ouch.. Oldbobsign took her to the horsepistol and she is pretty much down for 8 to 12 weeks.  She is in good spirits (ya come on  its Denise) and still a little fun :wink:  Oldbobsign was gonna meet her father in marshall tomorrow and bring him to kzoo so he can drive his car back but I told denise to have him come here and he can ride with me. Saves Larry from driving to marshall and back and Jim from riding in the roadster in 40 dergee weather 8) .. I bought some stuff and was walking thru the swap with Sue when Fuzzy yelled  at me and we stopped and I shook his hand and he said look over there.. It was Dan from the cotterpin crew at american hot rods and fuzzy said he has a fist full of hundreds and I said i got a wad of twentys and a credit card so bid deal  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Fuzzy went over and shook his hand and im so * stupid i didnt get a picture.. Dan was buying a I think a 32 pickemup.. Maybe thats one of the next builds :?:  :?:  :?:
Sue said she waulda liked to have her pic taken with him but that was after the fact.. I coulda done that i guess :?: Other than denise's mis fortune and seeing dan and everyone else the day was pretty much a typical day at the zoo... Oh ya the boys made some kick azz chili .. Even had my  bratts in it..  Ill report back tomorrow evening
Dave :lol:

donsrods

Ouch.  I hear those are no picnic.  Sorry to hear that and wish her well in her recovery.

You are gonna get good at fluffing up pillows and cooking.    

Don

purplepickup

Yeah, Denise is down.....but not out (well she might be out when those vicodin kick in :shock: ).  Except for her accident, everyone, including her, had a great day hanging out together.  It doesn't matter how hard you try, it seems like the day just passes by so fast and you've only visited with about a quarter of the people you wanted to and done a small part of what you had hoped to.  I guess that's what having a good time is all about.
George

Fuzzy

I wondered where Denise was,Ken didn't mention what happened.She's tough though,and will heal fast.Denise maybe you can get a flat black cast for the Pile-up! :lol:  :lol: Hope you're feelin' better soon.
        Dave,I forgot about a pic too,even had my camera with  me.He probably didn't care for my So-Cal jacket either.I know the people that had the swap space next to the truck,and the guy that sold it was sitting with them later.I 'll have to find out if he said anything about plans for the truck.
No billet for this kid!

Dave

Quote from: "Fuzzy"I wondered where Denise was,Ken didn't mention what happened.She's tough though,and will heal fast.Denise maybe you can get a flat black cast for the Pile-up! :lol:  :lol: Hope you're feelin' better soon.
        Dave,I forgot about a pic too,even had my camera with  me.He probably didn't care for my So-Cal jacket either.I know the people that had the swap space next to the truck,and the guy that sold it was sitting with them later.I 'll have to find out if he said anything about plans for the truck.

It would be intersting to find out.. Ill bet we at least see it sitting in the shop at some point..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Rayvyn

What is all that thick, heavy stuff everyone in the pics is wearing? New rod show gear? Could it be coats, sweats and jackets? In the middle of September? OM gosh, it's making me cold; I have to go turn the A/C up to finish writing this.
It did go down to 78* last night, so I guess winter IS around the corner.  Hope ya'll had fun.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"What is all that thick, heavy stuff everyone in the pics is wearing? New rod show gear? Could it be coats, sweats and jackets? In the middle of September? OM gosh, it's making me cold; I have to go turn the A/C up to finish writing this.
It did go down to 78* last night, so I guess winter IS around the corner.  Hope ya'll had fun.

Hey Bry KMA.... Its cold here :?  Sue just asked me if it was cold in the house here but I just came in from putting my shifter on and im sweating.. The afternoons havent been too bad but yesterday it got plenty chilly .. Today was very nice. No shorts needed :lol:  Ill tell ya Denise's dad was pretty happy he didnt have to ride in the roadster today  8) .. It was a pretty laid back day.. We got there about 11:30 am and just did a little shopping and Sue and I looked a cars for quite a while before the awards and after.. We missed every one so whoever we didnt say good bye to good bye.. Bry ill be lookin here for sumpin for bike week..
Dave

EMSjunkie

Dang!!!!  
sorry to hear about Denise :(

If I'da been there, we coulda got her fixed up proper, without havin' to leave the grounds :shock:

Hope ya mend quick-like 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Jbird

I think she just needed an excuse to show off her cute little toes.

We're having a cold snap here too. It's only gonna get up into the mid eighties today. Probably drop into the sixties tonite.  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

oldbobsign

I'm so sorry Denise is suffering from such a freak accident.  The toughest part of her injury will be keeping her down and following doctor's orders - she sorta has a mind of her own on occasion :lol:  The on-site medical help and emergency room personnel (including Dr. Dreamy) were absolutely great and once she was back among her "people" she seemed almost normal.

With the exception of the above I had a FUN weekend.  THANKS Frank and Ken ( the BBQ dudes) for the continuous soiree - breakfasts, lunches & more, killer chili - it just doesn't get any better.  Nice hanging with everyone - George, Frank and Rich, Jack, Charlie (thanks for the caps - I put them on the Vette already), Dave and Sue (thanks Dave for bringing Jim on Sunday - we had a great time walking the fairgrounds before he headed home with his beautiful daughter) and anyone else I'm forgetting at the moment.  Always cool to meet new folks (especially Marty and Ross) and nice doing some of the swap meet with Mark (boy, does he know Model A's).

I always stay 'til the end on Sunday and usually watch all the cars leave then walk to the lone deuce in the grass and head for home but this year was different - I helped pack up the BBQ and I sure had a lot more fun.  I sort of abandoned my club (Vintage Tin) but the RRT ROCKS!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Larry

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "oldbobsign"she sorta has a mind of her own on occasion :lol:  

Larry

:shock:  :shock:  Your kidding right?  LOL

wow Denise, guess its a good thing you have that scrapbook weekend planned!!!   :roll:   at least the car show season (for the most part) is done. get well soon

I really wanted to come up for the show, but of course we did a Bike thing  :P  I thought about driving up by myself again but I've been pretty worn out from all the stress and didn't feel much up to it.

we will be at rebel run this coming weekend and then of course dean the following weekend. hope to get to see some of you at one of those!!!

Debb

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes.  I went to work for a couple of hours today, Mom had to drive me and pick me up as it's my right leg that's in a cast, then I went to my regular doctor who then had to give me a referral to a Orthopedic Surgeon who I see on Wed morning.  My leg doesn't hurt but my armpits sure do :shock:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

A couple more pics of the unstoppable Ms Sheldon.
George

ChevyGirlRox

Couldn't you just get a doctor's excuse? Did you really have to hurt yourself for real this time? :lol:

It goes without saying I am only a phone call away.
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

WOW! I've been extremely busy and have been battling some health issues so I haven't checked in here in a while.....Leave you alone for just a bit and you mess up your foot! I had a very similar injury years ago playing basketball......It took quite some time to heal and I missed the entire season......Here's wishing you a much faster recovery! Knowing you....it won't slow you down a bunch!By the way.....Big Olds is looking pretty sharp these days......hope to see it in person somewhere down the road!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"