Paging Mr Chops to the courtesy phone please

Started by oiler, September 09, 2007, 03:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oiler

Hey Charlie i was just wondering if you had gotten around to mounting your clutch and brake pedal yet?
I'm having a hell of a time getting clearance from the trans and from the frame x member.
Before I cut anything i was just curious as to what you are doing seeing that we've got alot of the same pieces
Thanks
Jeff

Charlie Chops 1940

Sent ya a PM Jeff, pictures to follow later today.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

Here's a picture of a pedal assembly like I started with and the finished product in the chassis. I need to go in and make the other pic fit.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Charlie Chops 1940

Here's the pic of a similar assy to what I started with.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

oiler

Thanks Charlie
I thought I was getting too far left with mine but it looks like I'm in about the same spot as you
I will have to put a small notch in the upper x -frame tube though
I'm wondering if my pinched 32 frame is the reason it's tighter though
I'm crowding the clutch fork and I don't want to go rearward anymore or I'll lose more legroom so I may end up bending the brake pedal a bit
Thanks for the info.
Jeff

Charlie Chops 1940

No problem Jeff. The pinch probably has some impact on clutch pedal space claim. It's tight anyway.

Charlie

A Hooligan!