Our Bike trip to the U.P.

Started by KustomLincolnLady, September 01, 2007, 08:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Haven't been online much, just got back late wed from a bike trip to the U.P in Michigan. My mom was from there and most of her Brothers and sisters still live there. we had a great time. My uncle took us all over. what a beautiful place to ride!!!!

I thought I would share some pics with you guys and girls.

This trip sure tested my fear of hights more than One time!!! LOL

Its the best vac we've ever taken, so relaxing and badly needed!!

Debb

phat46

OH NO! Don't post pics like that on the internet!!! Now everybody will want to go up to the U.P.!!!  :lol:  J/K  My wife and i just got back a couple weeks ago, stopped by deer camp then all the way up to Copper Harbor. If you like the east side wait till you go west. BTW the pic you took of Miners Castle is the same one that is always used on calenders and such. Did you take the Pictured Rocks boat tour from Munising? How about the big fire did you see any evidense of it ?

purplepickup

So ya have some yooper blood in ya, eh? :D

Nice pics Debb.  It looks like you had a great time.  That tunnel of trees is awesome when the leaves are peaking and falling in October.  Did you stop at the Leggs Inn in Cross Village?  All the tables and chairs used to be homemade from gnarley, twisted driftwood, stumps and roots.  I don't know if they still are.  

The picture you took of your bike by the bridge looks good enough to be in a HD brochure.

I've rode up to the cabin a few times this summer but haven't rode to the UP yet.  If you do any bile color tours in Michigan this fall let me know and I can ride to meet you somewhere.
George

KustomLincolnLady

Miners castle? is that the light house? went close to the fire in Newberry, saw the coptors they were using for drops. My aunt said there were 6 fires around their place on sunday when we got back. They live in Rudyard.
we didn't have time to take the boat tour at pictured rocks, we wanted to ride as much as we could. I think that is either 2 or 3 hrs. Maybe next time we can do that too

We went by the Leggs inn, but didn't stop (went to ride LOL)  my Uncle said they have heard rumors that Bob Segar has a place in or near harbor springs and hangs out at the leggs inn!! LOL

I'll try posting my fav pic of the bike with the bridge again, I can't seem to get it to resize right  :cry:

George that would be so cool to go there in the fall, my uncle said it is beautiful. we wont this yr, but they are coming here the weekend of or around the 18th of oct, we are just going to ride around here day trips. We told them its not going to compare to up there. maybe do nashville, your more than welcome to join us then!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack we talked about going up again next yr and going farther west!! farthest we went this time was marquette.

Robs only been up there twice with family, but both times it was in the middle of a bad winter LOL so I've played heck trying to get him back. But he knew I wanted to visit family I have to aunts in their 80's so it was important to me. so he was more than agreeable since we had the bike. He's already wanting to go back  :lol:  :wink:  gee if I'd only known, lmao
Debb

Dave

Deb think about the trip up thru chicago and accross the up too. Sue and I had a ball on that one years ago.. By the way Good seeing you and Rob yesterday.  I was supprised someone was yelling at me :?:  We got home about 6:30 and what a thrill it was to be back on the Harley. I averaged a little over 40mpg and we did the expressway from the auction park to angola at a high rate of speed too :!: We then took the back roads to home ..  Im thinking about your offer of meeting half way one of these weekends and riding .. Maybe we can do that.  I just gotta tell myself to let the roadster set a bit so ive got more free time  :lol: .  my bike is a mess after setting in the dust filled lot down there so im heading for car parts and later im gonna try and give it a good wash and a detail job..
Dave

phat46

The ninth pic you posted, titled "pictured rocks" is the Miners Castle rock formation. Did you ride the Adams trail along the pictured rocks from Grand Marais to Munising? When you do go west be sure to take the Brockway mountain road on the Keewenau penninsula, then the lakeshore drive back. Lots of waterfalls and even a monestary with real monks (they run a bakery!) along the way! Lots of bikes up there!

enjenjo

We used to spend a lot of time up that way, we haven't been there in some years. We would 4 wheel on all those little trails you see going off the main road. We would camp at Tequamenon falls, or Muskelunge lake.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"We used to spend a lot of time up that way, we haven't been there in some years. We would 4 wheel on all those little trails you see going off the main road. We would camp at Tequamenon falls, or Muskelunge lake.

Muskallonge Lake State Park is still nice. My wife and I were there for a few nights last year in July.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

dragrcr50

wow, the travel channel.................
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

phat rat

Quote from: "dragrcr50"wow, the travel channel.................

Yep. Where do you want to hear about? Where ever it is someone here has probably been there.

WOW! Looks like a neat part of the country! I've put a whopping 20 miles on the Harley this Summer......I just may have a little time later today....Perhaps I can double that.....I only rode 20 miles all of last year.....Seemed a bit foolish when I changed oil this Spring!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

chopped

Parents were both from Calumet, lived there when I was just a tyke. Spent many summer vacations at Eagle Harbor. Great place to visit.

phat46

Quote from: "chopped"Parents were both from Calumet, lived there when I was just a tyke. Spent many summer vacations at Eagle Harbor. Great place to visit.

Spent the night in Calumet in July this year. there is an Americinn in "downtown" now! I wanted to take the walking tour that the National Park service puts on, but we didn't have time.  My dad lived in Marquette before WWII and had a girlfriend in Calumet. She must have been something for him to do that drive on gravel roads in a '33 Pontiac.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Looks like an AWESOME trip!  I haven't been in the UP just cruzn around in a few years.  Glad you guys had a great time.  Sorry I missed you when I went thru Ft Wayne.

Quick question, are you guys having a party this fall?  If so, whats the date??
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

Quick question, are you guys having a party this fall?  If so, whats the date??[/quote]

The answer to that question would be under the No Cook Out This Summer post she made yesterday :lol: