Pics..

Started by Dave, August 25, 2007, 06:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok ive had some pm's and i thank you all for caring bout me..  :roll:  :roll:
Ive been busier that a  1 armed wall paper hanger in an azz kicking contest.
I got home from vacation and i had 2 days to work on the roadster. I got the fuel and brake lines run and in the meantime I had a young fellow stop by with some harley parts. Seems he had the same problem i had but not quite as bad. I have his fairing and one of his bags (road glide) to paint for him.. The wx ( thats weather for us ham radio guys) has sucked the last week.. I cant take 103 let alone 90 with 90% humididity :lol:  :lol: I finally turned on the air in the garage a day late but got it to wear i could work on thursday evening.  Last night i said heck with it and worked on the roadster. Im working on fasteners.. Ya see the difference in a show car and a rat rod is everything fitting properly and the bolts being the right length. (good thing im a tool maker guy)  :lol:  :lol: Today it was just to humid to try and paint the harley stuff so i worked on getting my engine red..  Its done and setting in the frame ill get pics in a couple days  only beacuse i want to  get the harley stuff  done and make some cash (contrary to popular oppinion im not rich).. Oh ya I prolly could have painted the harley stuff about now but i just didnt wanna chance it..  Money or not I like to do my best.. So as far as the pic's and you read all of this and I dont have any at the moment but they will come.. Hang in there..
Dave
:wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

Charlie Chops 1940

Glad to know you all got back okay. Yeah, the humidity has been a real *. It took me two weeks to finish putting in a couple new overhead doors on the garage. Was also doing some serious housecleaning at the same time though.

The next couple of weeks will be spent getting stuff ready to sell at Kalamazoo and getting the new trailer prepared to haul and work out of. I've got seriously too much car parts!

Later,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

river1

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I've got seriously too much car parts!

Later,

Charlie

being the nice guy that i am, i'll take that orange/blue pile o parts off your hands. heck i'll even split the shipping with you.  :roll:  :lol:

later jim

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Yer such a sweetheart there Jimmy me bucko. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

river1

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Yer such a sweetheart there Jimmy me bucko. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Charlie

shall i hold my breath?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Glad to know you all got back okay. Yeah, the humidity has been a real *. It took me two weeks to finish putting in a couple new overhead doors on the garage. Was also doing some serious housecleaning at the same time though.

The next couple of weeks will be spent getting stuff ready to sell at Kalamazoo and getting the new trailer prepared to haul and work out of. I've got seriously too much car parts!

Later,

Charlie

You got anything else I need charlie?  Im gonna bust azz again today and maybe in between coats on the harley stuff i can get a lil more done and shoot some pics.. I really dont want to take em till I get the shiney new stuff on the engine.. Ya I did turn on the air in the garage on thrusday only cause wendesday nite i could only work for 45 minutes till i caved in and went to the house.  Then all the * rain.. We lost power last nite right after i made this post i think it was and i dunno what time it came back on.  We took the dog to michigan center for ice cream . They at least had power..  Gotta run stuff to do..
Dave :lol:  :lol:

Charlie Chops 1940

You got anything else I need charlie?  Im gonna bust azz again today and maybe in between coats on the harley stuff i can get a lil more done and shoot some pics.. I really dont want to take em till I get the shiney new stuff on the engine.. Ya I did turn on the air in the garage on thrusday only cause wendesday nite i could only work for 45 minutes till i caved in and went to the house.  Then all the * rain.. We lost power last nite right after i made this post i think it was and i dunno what time it came back on.  We took the dog to michigan center for ice cream . They at least had power..  Gotta run stuff to do..
Dave :lol:  :lol:[/quote]

I think I have a set of Halibrand sprints with your name on them....

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Dave

ok heres some pics.. its been a long day aND MY PUKER ISNT COOPERATING.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Dave

I just ordered gaskets from summit as they didnt have anything down town.. zzzzzz The intake and valve covers are not in place yet.. Also when removing the intake i found a bolt under it just laying in the lifter valley ???  The harley stuff was a wash  :(  I got a run in the fairing and i just didnt wanna send it out that way so ill recoat tomorrow and clear it then..  Had to mow the grass cause it hasnt been done since a few days before we got back from the trip and it was plenty high. Sue did most of it so i could work .. She is a keeper.. I finished a lil bit while she took grandma out to lunch then i went back to working..   Ill mayby tell ya bout the harley later.. Thats a mess too.. if it wasnt for bad luck..  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Just call me lucky.....
Dave

:wink:  :arrow:  :wink:  :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

kb426

You're still ahead of me but I'm working as fast as an old man can. I hung sheet metal today. I have just a few small things left and I can paint the chassis and start on the body and paint on the cab and hood.  I wanted to be finished by the end of September but I don't think I'll make it. Been wayy too many surprises.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Y'all are waaay ahead of me :lol:

I just got my frame yesterday :shock:

Bill, I guess you figured out where to put the cowl :D

Dave, I like that red motor. really stands out. you gonna paint mine too :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

slocrow

Hey it's coming along Dave and faster then I expected. Watch someone doesn't steal your hurricane roofing material or is that an original, weight reducing body wrap. :)
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

37fordcoupe

Dave,

The frame looks great.. I love the wheels.

Darrell
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TO MUCH SPACE

Dave

Quote from: "37fordcoupe"Dave,

The frame looks great.. I love the wheels.

Darrell

Thanks Darrell.. I bought the wheels with the thought in mind of building the car ,,,,,well color wise anyway around the wheels so thats how the gray and red came about although I had some help from another team member :lol:  Slocrow I had to do sumpin with the body and I couldnt get it in the back yard by my self so hence the pop rivet palace temporary roofing material. Besides no one knows what it is covered up so i feel a little better about it sitting in front of the garage .. Hopefully ill have the harley stuff done after work and ill be about 2 weeks away from tearing into the body for prep and paint. It dont look like its gonna make Kzoo..  I was waiting for the paint to tack up on the harley stuff yesterday and I was leaning on my pickup enjoying a beverage when I thought I heard a car pull up. Then this guy says your not gonna get anything done just staring at it  :?:  :?:  I turned around and it was the local police  :lol:  :lol:  We chatted for about 20 minutes and he said he just couldnt resist messing with me.. Good guy .. He will be back... He will also be watching the ponderosa for me :!:
Dave  :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

So......the local fuzz know you well :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

it is nice to be on their "good" side :D

keep up the good work Bro. she'll be done before ya know it, then you'll be lookin' fer sumpthin' else to build 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Lookin good Dave.  I haven't been able to follow your project but it looks like you've been busy.  Is that the roadster you picked up at the swap in K'zoo last year?....at least I think you bought one there. :?:
George