Trip

Started by enjenjo, August 11, 2007, 04:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I'm setting out on a trip tomorrow. Driving to Joplin Mo, and then flying to Vegas. Then coming back to Joplin for the HAMB drags. I'll probably see some of you along the way. I'll be gone two weeks.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

have a safe trip. 8)

see ya in Joplin :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

rooster

You got the number if you need it! You going bowling again? good luck! :D

UGLY OLDS

Have a safe trip. 8) ..Oh..And have a good time  :!:  :!:   Be careful around Vance.... :?  :? (No wool...Remember  :?:  :?: He get's "aroused"... :shock: )
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Racing or spectatin'?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Racing or spectatin'?

Spectating. Maybe next year on racing.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"Racing or spectatin'?

Spectating. Maybe next year on racing.

kool.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Maybe next year on racing.
Is there a plan here? I thought the "Pink car was just in the shop to have a few mars taken out. GPster

enjenjo

I'm in Bloomington, In. tonight. At  my sisters house. Blew a trailer tire in Indy, hiting a pothole. All is well, and I have another spare.

enjenjo

I made it to Neosho, and WZJunks house with no problems. Tuesday morning we did some shop tours, a couple of real neat stops, one fab shop that was fantastic. Then  at noon he dropped me off at the Tulsa Airport, that's when the trouble started. They loaded us on the plane on time, then after setting an hour, had us get off again for a HVAC problem. An hour later, they had it fixed, started loading again, then stopped and said they couldn't fix it, they would have another plane in at 6 pm for us. After rushing through check in, and security again, the plane didn't arrive until 720 pm, we loaded, and sat there for another hour, because the destination airport was closed, and we couldn't take off until we had a destination. After finally getting in the air, the flight was uneventful, but in Denver, I discovered I had lost the boarding pass for my connecting flight. So after proving who I was, and where I was going, I finally got on a plane For Vegas, 12 hours after starting. :shock:

Today, I went over and looked at the car to see what needs to be done, everything, and went to visit Carl for a while. Tomorrow we get started!

phat rat

Was that fab shop the tractor puller? He does fantastic things
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Ever since that tall slack barstard Aussie bloke dropped that sheep off at the RRT BBQ, Frank has had bad luck.
I wonder if it's haunted or possessed?
Is there a bovine exorcist in the house?
What would Vance do?
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"Was that fab shop the tractor puller? He does fantastic things

This guy makes valve covers and oil pans for big name racers, in an old barn back in the hills. Every part that comes out is a thing of beauty, and perfect. The TIG welding is perfect, and the innovations are hard to believe.

He showed me the street rod he is building, he made his own dies, to bend the rectangular tubing rails the hard way. He also fabricated from scratch a 9" Ford housing, that was tricker than any I have seen. I can't tell you all the stuff I saw here, but I wiill in person.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "phat rat"Was that fab shop the tractor puller? He does fantastic things

This guy makes valve covers and oil pans for big name racers, in an old barn back in the hills. Every part that comes out is a thing of beauty, and perfect. The TIG welding is perfect, and the innovations are hard to believe.

He showed me the street rod he is building, he made his own dies, to bend the rectangular tubing rails the hard way. He also fabricated from scratch a 9" Ford housing, that was tricker than any I have seen. I can't tell you all the stuff I saw here, but I wiill in person.

I took Frank to Doug Lee's shop.  Doug went to Goodguys Indy last year and was with our group that weekend.  Some of you may remember meeting him.     Here is a link to his site  http://www.propan.net/

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"Ever since that tall slack barstard Aussie bloke dropped that sheep off at the RRT BBQ, Frank has had bad luck.
I wonder if it's haunted or possessed?
Is there a bovine exorcist in the house?
What would Vance do?

Roasted leg of Lamb :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****