HELP WITH CHEVY STARTER INFO !!!!!!

Started by 348tripower, May 14, 2004, 10:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Anybody know a part number for a stagger bolt starter for the small flexplate 153- tooth for a small block chevy?  Or a car model and year or something like that to work with?
Don :shock:
Don Colliau

phat rat

Quote from: "348tripower" Anybody know a part number for a stagger bolt starter for the small flexplate 153- tooth for a small block chevy?  Or a car model and year or something like that to work with?

Fake em out tell them a 65 283. The staggered pattern was the most common. Or 74 Vette L-48.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

I could be wrong Don, but I didn't think the staggered bolt pattern starters were used with 153 tooth flywheels on production smallblocks.
George

Phil1934

I've done both a 400 and a truck 350 with only the staggered pattern and 153 tooth flywheels.  After much searching I had to drill the straight across hole.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "348tripower" Anybody know a part number for a stagger bolt starter for the small flexplate 153- tooth for a small block chevy?  Or a car model and year or something like that to work with?
I checked my database.  Try Street Rodder, Feb '02.

Chev Starter Grinding   Ron Ceridono   SR   31/02   1/02/02   Chev Starter & Flywheel Combo's & Mesh adjustment