Anyone near Lincoln Nebraska ???

Started by Dave, August 06, 2007, 09:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ill be there next wednesday I hope and would like to go the the Speewday Motors museum on thursday. What im looking for is a good place to get a room for wed night. Would like free H/S internet too.
Anyone..
Dave :wink:

48builder

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ill be there next wednesday I hope and would like to go the the Speewday Motors museum on thursday. What im looking for is a good place to get a room for wed night. Would like free H/S internet too.
Anyone..

Hey Dave,

I've stayed a couple times at the Embassy Suites there. Free beer at night and a great breakfast in the AM. Everything I look for in a room.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Leon

I'm planning a trip there also, but that place is a little rich for my blood.  Any other ideas?

48builder

Quote from: "Leon"I'm planning a trip there also, but that place is a little rich for my blood.  Any other ideas?

Yes, it isn't cheap, but a couple beers for me, a glass of wine for my wife, free soda for the kids at the end of the day, plus the breakfast saves me at least $50. I'm not sure what else is there, but 40 lives there and I am sure he will jump in.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Dave

I had way too much to eat while i was at classes last week. I usually dont even eat a big  :lol:  breakfast but i had 3 .. Now my dieat is really messed up.. I gotta be good again.. Its just sue and i and i really dont want a 100 + a night room or anything like that..

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"I had way too much to eat while i was at classes last week. I usually dont even eat a big  :lol:  breakfast but i had 3 .. Now my dieat is really messed up.. I gotta be good again.. Its just sue and i and i really dont want a 100 + a night room or anything like that..

Dave, I stayed at a Micro-tel there last fall on my way west. Wasn't the Ritz but it was clean and adequate. I don't remember how much but it most definately was under a $100. Not to far away was a place called (I think) American Steak it had an all you could eat steak buffet which if I remember correctly was $10.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I had way too much to eat while i was at classes last week. I usually dont even eat a big  :lol:  breakfast but i had 3 .. Now my dieat is really messed up.. I gotta be good again.. Its just sue and i and i really dont want a 100 + a night room or anything like that..

Dave, I stayed at a Micro-tel there last fall on my way west. Wasn't the Ritz but it was clean and adequate. I don't remember how much but it most definately was under a $100. Not to far away was a place called (I think) American Steak it had an all you could eat steak buffet which if I remember correctly was $10.

With that memory, yer buckin' fer a place on Team Smart  :shock:  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"

With that memory, yer buckin' fer a place on Team Smart  :shock:  :shock:

Vance

naw i isnt smrt anuf ta kep up witc you an Dave.  :oops: yousins is intelagent  :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ill be there next wednesday I hope and would like to go the the Speewday Motors museum on thursday. Dave :wink:
I would call ahead to Speedway and find out if they have any tours of the museum schedualed for Thursday. The way it used to be was that they only did schedualed tours and they didn't let you roam free. We checked years ago as a place to stop before Speedweek. Linda was then going to visit my mother in Denver and I was going to proceed to Bonneville. They had a tour schedualed and said that we would be allowed to tag along with it. Also on that occasion Bill Smith was going to be leading the tour which I guess would be the premier way to do it. I'd hate to hear you made the trip and couldn't see anything. GPster

Leon

How's the area around the Day's Inn on West O street near the freeway? I found a room there for a little over $50, and it looks like it's not that far from Speedway.

34ford

QuoteDave, I stayed at a Micro-tel there last fall on my way west. Wasn't the Ritz but it was clean and adequate. I don't remember how much but it most definately was under a $100. Not to far away was a place called (I think) American Steak it had an all you could eat steak buffet which if I remember correctly was $10.

Dave, I'm in Lincoln. The above mentioned place is easy to find and not real far from Speedway. The Day's inn is closer and right off the interstate on O street which runs thru town from east to west. Speedway is about 2 miles from there. Speedways # is 1-800-979-0122 which is a new toll free one. Have to go but will try and think of any other places.  There's also a super 8 in the area of the micro-tel

bob

Rayvyn

naw i isnt smrt anuf ta kep up witc you an Dave.  :oops: yousins is intelagent  :wink:

Das a purty good reepuli fer a Gold Chayner... :lol:  :lol:  :0-0
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

34ford

I think they do tours daily (except sundays) during the summer since there are a lot of people traveling thru. Forgot to mention that.

bob

Bob is right....the tours are daily except Sunday.They begin after lunch in the early afternoon as I recall.There is a Super 8 on Cornhusker Hiway just West of 27th street that is reasonable and has a continental breakfast.....not sure about internet hookups.Dave,If you are coming across on I-80.....I'm about 80 miles North.....a bit out of your way but you and Sue would be more than welcome to a soft bed and a hot shower.....MAYBE.....even something cold to drink!It's about 2 1/2 hours from my door to Speedway.Travel safe and have fun!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

36vicky

Dave,

Check your PM.  Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.