I'm not sure what I've done!

Started by kb426, August 04, 2007, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Dave is getting ahead of me. We all know that any Team Smart member must react. I have mixed emotions.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Very nice.. I leave for Utah and possibly the salt on wednesday so slow down . Your gonna get way ahead again.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :!:

kb426

I think I need some time to catch up. Hope you have a good trip.
TEAM SMART

Carnut

kb426

It's Kirker sour apple met. I gave up on trying to match the grasshopper and went for a simple fix. It does have clear on it but it went on real nice. It's light enough that I'm hoping it doesn't show dirt real bad.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"It's Kirker sour apple met. I gave up on trying to match the grasshopper and went for a simple fix. It does have clear on it but it went on real nice. It's light enough that I'm hoping it doesn't show dirt real bad.

Ya know that was one of the colors sue and i had thought of for the roadster! How do you like the Kirker ? I assume u used the 2 part urethane then the i think its miraclear?? I like the way the stuff lays out but with my poor lighting in the garage i got some runs in the frame to sand out.. Im sure it will be ok.. Im gonna let it set up for a few more weeks before i tackle that. The red i used is the viper red and it really sprays and covers nice also. I didnt clear any of the red stuff just because its all suspension stuff and its gonna get road rashed anyway at some point in time so why spend the extra time and money for the clear.. Oh ya I sprayed mine with my 30 year old suction feed gun cause ive got a finishline and i never liked it at all. I figured for the price of the paint I could use a little more and get the spray results im used to..
Dave :wink:

kb426

I'm using the newer EC300 clear. It's too soon to tell if it's great or what. I had an area that I got some overlap on and it turned milky. What little work I did this morning, it won't come clear with sanding and buffing. Looks like I get to repaint.  :cry:
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

I like it :!:  :!:

its an attention getter 8)

I'll reserve any further comments until I get to see it in person :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****