318 motorhome waterpump question

Started by Erick, August 04, 2007, 12:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erick

We're looking to get the waterpump to raise up a little more in our 34 Dodge coupe with a stock 318. We remember there being a waterpump from a motorhome that would work and the fan would be raised up a little higher. Did a search on the forum here and the Internet but didn't find anything as far as what year or model of motorhome. Any info on this would be great. Thanks. Erick

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Erick"We're looking to get the waterpump to raise up a little more in our 34 Dodge coupe with a stock 318. We remember there being a waterpump from a motorhome that would work and the fan would be raised up a little higher. Did a search on the forum here and the Internet but didn't find anything as far as what year or model of motorhome. Any info on this would be great. Thanks. Erick

that tomslik fellow knows a bit about motor homes... he probably has answer or 2 .

he is sharp as a tack

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Erick"We're looking to get the waterpump to raise up a little more in our 34 Dodge coupe with a stock 318. We remember there being a waterpump from a motorhome that would work and the fan would be raised up a little higher. Did a search on the forum here and the Internet but didn't find anything as far as what year or model of motorhome. Any info on this would be great. Thanks. Erick

that tomslik fellow knows a bit about motor homes... he probably has answer or 2 .

he is sharp as a tack

nope, already read this, cros.
i'm no help
i'd like to see this one, i'd think the timing cover would have to be different...

....and wouldn't they be the same as a van?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Dave

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"

he is sharp as a tack

nope, already read this, cros.
i'm no help
i'd like to see this one, i'd think the timing cover would have to be different...

....and wouldn't they be the same as a van?

HUH.. IM UNIPRESSEDI THOUGHT YOU KNEW EVERYTHING .. There caps fixed
Dave :wink:

mopar2dr

You will want to find a 318 industrial front engine cover. The old 318 poly engine cover will bolt right onto the the newer LA 318. Best place to look is a used farm implement salvage yard as some harvesters and forklifts used the mopar V8's. This cover will raise the water pump location about 8 inches. I saw this done on a 34 Dodge Coupe and it worked great. Good Luck..... 8)
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!