No Road trip purchase

Started by phat rat, May 13, 2004, 10:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Hey guys need some info. Picked up a 52 Ford F-5 tonight. I'm wondering just how much interchanges with an F-1? Such as steering box, doors, grille, hood, cab, radiator, anything else you might think of.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

All the body parts except the Fenders, inner fenders, running boards, and core support interchange. the core support can be modified to fit a pickup. If you are lucky, it has electric wipers, they are worth something if the motor is good. Of the other parts, only the engine and clutch are usable as is. A 52 should also have a big back window cab. How many lug nuts on the wheels, 5 or 6?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"All the body parts except the Fenders, inner fenders, running boards, and core support interchange. the core support can be modified to fit a pickup. If you are lucky, it has electric wipers, they are worth something if the motor is good. Of the other parts, only the engine and clutch are usable as is. A 52 should also have a big back window cab. How many lug nuts on the wheels, 5 or 6?

Thanks for the info Frank. It's 5 lug, do you by chance need some? They must be in pretty good shape as the truck's been sitting for a few years and the tires are still up. I was hoping the steering box was the same. It looks as though it's  the same size. Is the difference in the gear ratio? Also the motor in a truck this size, is it still only 239 ci? Well I see you or Fat Cat fixed the multiple posts of this subject.

enjenjo

The steering gear is similar, but as I recall, the pitman shaft and arm are different.

The engine, if a Flathead, is probably a 239, though it's possible to be a 255. The overheads in 52 were Lincoln engines, 317 I think.

If those rims are 20", I might have someone who wants them.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"The steering gear is similar, but as I recall, the pitman shaft and arm are different.

The engine, if a Flathead, is probably a 239, though it's possible to be a 255. The overheads in 52 were Lincoln engines, 317 I think.

If those rims are 20", I might have someone who wants them.

Yes it's a flatty. The rims are 20". Is it you or someone else that would want them? The wipers are vacumn. I bought it to part so if there's anything else you or the other person would be interested in let me know. The frt fenders are shot but the hood is OK  and doors are great. Haven't had time to try it yet but the guy claimed he'd had it running within the last 5 yrs, it's just been sitting out in a field since then.  Oil looks as though it was just changed

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"

Yes it's a flatty. The rims are 20". Is it you or someone else that would want them? The wipers are vacumn. I bought it to part so if there's anything else you or the other person would be interested in let me know. The frt fenders are shot but the hood is OK  and doors are great. Haven't had time to try it yet but the guy claimed he'd had it running within the last 5 yrs, it's just been sitting out in a field since then.  Oil looks as though it was just changed

Someone else was looking for them, I'll let him know these are available.