Salt Cured HAMB Tour '07.......Tour Stops & Schedule of

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, July 23, 2007, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChevyGirlRox

Please do try to work out something at Speedway, I was really looking forward to that stop.  I'll see if I have any connections there.  Keep me posted.

Yes, I have a name, ChevyGirlRox is not my birth name.  :wink:  My name is Megan and I am looking forward to meeting all of you along our big journey west.  This will be my first trip to Bonneville so I will be extra giddy.
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "ChevyGirlRox"This will be my first trip to Bonneville so I will be extra giddy.

This is not my first trip yet I will be giddy as well.  
Larry with two giddy girls......won't he be having a great time. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Nick32Vic

Hey Denise, I hope you guys have a Safe and Awesome trip. I really wish I could be out on the salt with everyone but you know how things go... Whenever you are standing back taking it all in (the awesomeness of bonneville) and thinking "How could this get any better?" just think of me. hahaha

ChevyGirlRox

Quote from: "Nick32vic"Hey Denise, I hope you guys have a Safe and Awesome trip. I really wish I could be out on the salt with everyone but you know how things go... Whenever you are standing back taking it all in (the awesomeness of bonneville) and thinking "How could this get any better?" just think of me. hahaha

That's funny enough that I will probably remember that and think it sometime while we are on the salt.  It sucks you can't come with us, maybe next time.  You'd better be there for sure when I get my tank done! :lol:
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

kb426

In Colorado Springs, there are many tourist things to do.I assume you will be short on time so most things will have to wait. I don't know what directions you have planned but my choice is to take the old highway to Penrose where you will join 50. Go west to Salida, Gunnison, Montrose and head south on 550. Downtown Durango has been renovated and there are many places to eat. 550 is one of the most breathtaking drives in America. I assume you realize that you will be going way south from where you could go. At Montrose you could go north to Grand Junction and west to Green River. If you turn north at Green River and go up the valley to Salt Lake, I think you will find it's a nice drive after you get north of Green River. There are some areas that gas stops are 120 miles apart. I eat breakfast in the Springs at Gunther Toody's diner. There are a couple of locations. Memorabilia and usually a good breakfast. I can't think of any real interesting gear head stops at the moment. After you get done on the salt, make sure you wash every square inch of the cars so the salt doesn't destroy them. There are no creature comforts at the track. Bring everything you could possibly think of with you. If you are camping out, bring a case of insect repellant. When the sun goes down, it gets real interesting chasing mosquitoes off. The save the salt people are very serious so be careful what you do out there. I hope you guys have a great trip.
TEAM SMART

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "kb426"In Colorado Springs, there are many tourist things to do.I assume you will be short on time so most things will have to wait. I don't know what directions you have planned but my choice is to take the old highway to Penrose where you will join 50. Go west to Salida, Gunnison, Montrose and head south on 550.

That is the way I believe we will be taking.  I also believe we will try to head to the top of Pikes Peak as I have yet to ever do that.  I just put brand new rear brakes on Big Oldsfor this trip.  :wink:

Downtown Durango has been renovated and there are many places to eat. 550 is one of the most breathtaking drives in America. I assume you realize that you will be going way south from where you could go.

From Durango we are heading to Blanding (south UT) where we are hooking up with 1FatGMC, Hooley, River1 and the rest of the RRT guys.

At Montrose you could go north to Grand Junction and west to Green River.

We will hit the Green River area AFTER we leave the Salt and on our way to Jackson Hole

After you get done on the salt, make sure you wash every square inch of the cars so the salt doesn't destroy them.

I have purchased Salt-away and will apply it once we get to Blanding and also use it once I get home.  I know to put a gentle sprinkler underneath Big Olds for as long as possible to loosen the salt and let it gentley fall off as opposed to using a power washer and craming it into the nooks and crannies.  I will then use the Salt-away to clean off the salt residue

There are no creature comforts at the track. Bring everything you could possibly think of with you.

BobK will have his canopy and I'll have a cooler full of beverages and my chair.  Those are all the creature comforts I require for the hours spent on the Salt. 8)

If you are camping out, bring a case of insect repellant.

This gal does not camp.  I really enjoy a hot shower and comfy bed in the evenings.....plus I really like to sleep and I believe those folks at the bend in teh road wake at the butt crack of dawn.

:lol:
When the sun goes down, it gets real interesting chasing mosquitoes off.

The save the salt people are very serious so be careful what you do out there.

I learned the hard way by doing donuts on the Salt. :shock:   No one came up to me BUT I was told later how uncool it was because it damaged the Salt.  I wasn't thinking at teh time.......it sure was fun though.

I hope you guys have a great trip.

Thanks so much.  Been looking forward to a return trip out there for years now.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"...............At Montrose you could go north to Grand Junction and west to Green River.

We will hit the Green River area AFTER we leave the Salt and on our way to Jackson Hole...................

You guys are probably talking about different Green Rivers  8) .  Denise you will go through the one he is talking about in Utah between Moab and Bo Huff's place.  After leaving the salt you might go through the one in SW Wyoming unless you go to Jackson via northern Utah/Idaho (the way I would probably go to Jackson).

c ya soon,

Sum (still at Hooley's)

river1

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"...............At Montrose you could go north to Grand Junction and west to Green River.

We will hit the Green River area AFTER we leave the Salt and on our way to Jackson Hole...................

You guys are probably talking about different Green Rivers  8) .  

c ya soon,

Sum (still at Hooley's)

if i get ahold of any BAD food i turn GREEN

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"

You guys are probably talking about different Green Rivers  8) .  

c ya soon,

Sum (still at Hooley's)

if i get ahold of any BAD food i turn GREEN

later jim

By the way, both Green Rivers are on the same Green River.  The Arizona green River lives by a "make believe" river   :wink: ,

Sum

HotRodLadyCrusr

Sum, just to let you know, we (me, Megan, Larry , and Scott) will be coming to town no matter what the forecast is for Speed Week.

Also, I have a package of Salt-away being delievered to the Super 8.  Should be there by the end of the week.  Wasn't time to have it delievered here.  Not sure if you have a hoist with drain but if not could we borrow 4 jackstands and a hose so we can get underneath the cars on that Wed and apply the product?

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Sum, just to let you know, we (me, Megan, Larry , and Scott) will be coming to town no matter what the forecast is for Speed Week.

Also, I have a package of Salt-away being delievered to the Super 8.  Should be there by the end of the week.  Wasn't time to have it delievered here.  Not sure if you have a hoist with drain but if not could we borrow 4 jackstands and a hose so we can get underneath the cars on that Wed and apply the product?

I have a lift, but no drain in the floor.  I do have jackstands, so we will figure something out.  If you haven't sent it yet you could have it go to my place (790 S. Main, 84511) if you want.  I'm still in Okl., but might be home tomorrow night late or at least by Friday.

c you guys soon,

Sum

HotRodLadyCrusr

It has been sent already and I would have sent it to you but I didn't have your address and I was pressed to give the guy an address at the time so I just googled the Super 8 and gave him that.

The girl at the front desk of the Super 8 didn't seem real bright so I'm hoping she did actually put the note up that I have a package coming so someone else there doesn't refuse the box.  IF your not doing anything on Friday and you want to stop in there to double check that they will accept the box, I'd really apprecaite it.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"It has been sent already and I would have sent it to you but I didn't have your address and I was pressed to give the guy an address at the time so I just googled the Super 8 and gave him that.

The girl at the front desk of the Super 8 didn't seem real bright so I'm hoping she did actually put the note up that I have a package coming so someone else there doesn't refuse the box.  IF your not doing anything on Friday and you want to stop in there to double check that they will accept the box, I'd really apprecaite it.

I'll try and remember to run over there when I get home,

Sum

Cword

I'll be at that Super 8 Sunday evening.
If I see any salt away laying about I'll try and hide it, or something.

Mike
--

Leon

We may not make it this year, my father is in the hospital in Las Vegas and we're not sure what's happening.  One possible is Sharon may head up there and I'd join all of you for a day then head back to Vegas.  We'll know more soon I hope.
Leon