Salt Cured HAMB Tour '07.......Tour Stops & Schedule of

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, July 23, 2007, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Well our little group finally decided on a name and a route to and from the Salt for Speed Week. There will be four HAMB members in three topless cars......me, ChevyGirlRox, OldBobSign and Ralfs56.

I thought we would share our route and the stops with planned Meet & Greets so that if anyone would like to join us they could. We are all really looking forward to seeing old friends and making new so please don't be shy about joining us at a stop or a cruz down the highway.
If anyone has something along our route that we really shouldn't miss, please let us know. If your shop or garage is along our route and you wouldn't mind some vistors, please let us know. Our plan is to take it alittle slow and see some places, meet some people and just enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of our great country in our open cars.

Without further ado our tour stops are as follows

Friday nite Aug 3rd....Hot Rod Chassis
Our group should be there around 7pm or so depending on traffic. We're really looking forward to visiting the shop as none of us have been there yet.  ALL are welcome of course
Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle
59 Factory Rd
Addison, IL 60101
630-458-0808
Addison, IL

Saturday evening Aug 4th......Retro Rocket
Our group will be there by 5 pm-ish. There will be grilled chicken, sides and ice cold beverages for all. Can't wait to check out Larrys store in person as I have a few treasures already from it and meet the rest of his club brothers.  ALL are welcome!
Retro Rocket
Omaha, NE
402-679-1739

Directions:
480 to the Quest Center/Eppley Airfield exit
stay left for a left turn at the first light, 10th. st.,
go 4 stoplights to Jackson st., turn right.
go 2 stop signs to 12th. st., turn left.
go 1/2 block downhill to alley.

Sunday, Aug 5th, noonish
Speedway Motors Museum and lunch

If anyone has an interesting place in the area for a lunch stop after we tour the museum, please let us know.

Sunday night Aug 5th, evening stop
ColoRODo Springs, CO
We don't have any plans to meet up with anyone so if someone has a suggestion for a Meet & Greet spot for dinner and bench racing, let us know.

Monday night Aug 6th, evening stop Durango, CO
I don't think we have any active HAMB folks in this area but if so, lets get together

Tuesday noonish Aug 7th, Silverton for lunch and shopping via the train. Anyone in that area?

Tuesday Aug 7th evening stop, Blanding, UT

Wed Aug 8th another day and evening in Blanding, UT
Meeting up with lots of HAMB and RRT folks for a couple of days of hiking and siteseeing.

Thursday Aug 9th
Breakfast in Moab,
Stop at Bo Huff's for tour of shop, museum and lunch.
Meet & Greet BBQ at Ratstar'shttp://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=195117

Directions: from SLC
From I-80 take EXIT 99 (TOOELE, STANSBURY PARK)
That will put you on State Road 36
travel approx. 2 miles then
Turn RIGHT on HIGHWAY 138 (At the SECOND traffic light)
travel approx. 10 miles then
Turn LEFT on WORTHINGTON STREET

Thursday Aug 9th thru Tuesday morning Aug 14th
FUN ON THE SALT!

The following is kinda a rough draft

Tuesday night Aug 14th
Jackson Hole, WY

Wed night Aug 15th
Cody, WY

Thursday nite Aug 16th
Black Hills

Friday night Aug 17th
Badlands

Saturday night Aug 18th
DesMoines

Sunday home.

Like the Ego-Rama and other road trips I'll try and blog the days adventure on the HAMB and RRT each evening. We've been planning this trip for months now and are really, really looking forward to hitting the open road in our convertibles. Been really working hard on getting Big Olds ready for the trip. If things go as planned some of you aren't going to believe your eyes. Lets just put it this way, my yellow rubber ducky wet suit will be left at home for the first time in 6 years and 65,000 miles!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Looks like sue and I will be about 5 days behind you.
Have fun.
Dave.............

Carps

I think we'll finally catch you up at Ratstars  BBQ.  

See ya'all than.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Husker

40 if you decide to cruise to Omaha and need a shadow give me a shout.

moparrodder

Hey Denise!!  I see you will be in the neighborhood!! 8)   We can't make it to the Saturday event in Omaha cause we are in Harlan for the races on Saturday nights, Andy our youngest races there but we could hook up with you on Sunday in Lincoln at Speedway Museum!!  You need to get in touch with John MacKichan, he is the guy that Daryle got to be our tour guide a year ago, he is the best and he has a salt racer in the museum. John is part of the museum operations and he makes you feel right at home and makes sure you have the best time you could have.  I have his cell and home number, if you want I can pm it to you.
 Looking forward to seeing you and the group at Lincoln!!

Bill, Gail and the boys

HotRodLadyCrusr

Bill, sounds great!  Pls PM me his phone number and I'll make plans with him for a group tour.  Thanks bud!  See ya in a couple of weeks!

Carps

Quote from: "moparrodder"Lincoln at Speedway Museum!!  

Hmmm, thanks for that, I wonder if Bob has this on our schedule?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I just got off the phone with Speedway and the museum is closed on Sundays. :cry:

Leon

Every time I've been through Nebraska it's been on a Sunday or Holiday so I've never seen the museum.  It is one of the planned stops for the Power Tour next year so I may finally get to see it.

We're arriving on Friday so we'll see you then!  Save me a space on the salt for a sun shade, we're bringing the bright yellow one again.

Dave

I guess ill ahve to check my schedule but im thinnin i can make speedy bills museum .. In fact im sure I can..
Dave :wink:

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"...................me, ChevyGirlRox, OldBobSign and Ralfs56....................................

Do these people have real names for those of us that use those  :wink: .  I know yours  :D ,

c ya,

Sum

(Sumner)

Hey Young Lady! Sounds like a fun trip! I've been EXTREMELY busy and haven't been keeping up on the goings on.Too bad the Museum is closed on Sunday....Bill is right, John is a great guy and the museum is Awesome as you know from visiting it in the past.Not sure if I'll be able to get away to drop down to Omaha though it would be a fun ride on the scooter!Do you have an alternative plan for Sunday??As you've been told on many occasions.....You guys are always welcome at our house.....either on the way out or the way back!Sounds like you'll be coming right by on the way home Saturday......Unfortunately,I will be in Seattle boarding a cruise ship headed for Alaska  :( .......You guys are certainly still more than welcome to use our house as a stop over if it works for you....I see you are driving from the Badlands to Des Moines.....That's do-able but will be a long day! Anyway......keep us posted as to your updated plans and perhaps we'll see you guys somewhere along the trail!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"...................me, ChevyGirlRox, OldBobSign and Ralfs56....................................

Do these people have real names for those of us that use those  :wink: .  I know yours  :D ,

c ya,

Sum

(Sumner)

ChevyGirlRox = Megan; 49 GMC pickup and '32 barn find roadster

OldBobSign = Larry; '32 Roadster and '32 coupe

Ralfs56 = Scott; '56 Pickup truck and a big 'ol Dodge tunaboat?? :lol:

1FATGMC

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
ChevyGirlRox = Megan; 49 GMC pickup and '32 barn find roadster

OldBobSign = Larry; '32 Roadster and '32 coupe

Ralfs56 = Scott; '56 Pickup truck and a big 'ol Dodge tunaboat?? :lol:

Thanks, looking forward to meeting everyone  :D ,

Sum

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"Hey Young Lady! Sounds like a fun trip! I've been EXTREMELY busy and haven't been keeping up on the goings on.Too bad the Museum is closed on Sunday....Bill is right, John is a great guy and the museum is Awesome as you know from visiting it in the past.

I'm still going to call him and see if he can work out anything for us

Not sure if I'll be able to get away to drop down to Omaha though it would be a fun ride on the scooter!

Love to see you, try if you can

Do you have an alternative plan for Sunday??

Nope, just drive west I guess

As you've been told on many occasions.....You guys are always welcome at our house.....either on the way out or the way back!Sounds like you'll be coming right by on the way home Saturday......Unfortunately,I will be in Seattle boarding a cruise ship headed for Alaska  :( .......

Alaskan cruises are a BLAST!  Make sure you do the helicopter ride out to a glacier.  Have fun!

You guys are certainly still more than welcome to use our house as a stop over if it works for you....

Thanks for the invite but it just wouldn't be the same without you there :wink:

I see you are driving from the Badlands to Des Moines.....That's do-able but will be a long day!

The last couple of days of the trip we're just winging it.  Since we won't be stopping to see you on the way back we probably will take the northern route thru IA and WI and drop down into Chicago.

Anyway......keep us posted as to your updated plans and perhaps we'll see you guys somewhere along the trail!

Will do  xoxox