NEED advice gas additive.. oil?

Started by ronirees, July 21, 2007, 12:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronirees

:lol: Good Morning, I havee been asked to "sell" on ebay a memo stating adding motor oil to each gas refill is recommeded. I need to know others thoughts on this before I can endorse this behavior. Please help I don't want to enable the damage to ANYONE's car.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "ronirees":lol: Good Morning, I havee been asked to "sell" on ebay a memo stating adding motor oil to each gas refill is recommeded. I need to know others thoughts on this before I can endorse this behavior. Please help I don't want to enable the damage to ANYONE's car.

Why would you want to add oil to a gas refill :?:

Wheres the bouncer when ya need him :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

ronirees

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "ronirees":lol: Good Morning, I havee been asked to "sell" on ebay a memo stating adding motor oil to each gas refill is recommeded. I need to know others thoughts on this before I can endorse this behavior. Please help I don't want to enable the damage to ANYONE's car.

Vance

I'm not sure I made myself clear each time you fill the car (non-fuel injected models) with gas this memo states to add motor oil to the tank.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "ronirees"

Vance

I'm not sure I made myself clear each time you fill the car (non-fuel injected models) with gas this memo states to add motor oil to the tank.

Once again, I ask, why would you put oil in the gas :?:  :?:

I don't unnerstand  :?
all that is gonna do is make smoke......and smoke, unless it is Colombian in nature, is BAD

Where is FatCat when ya need him :!:  :!:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

ronirees

Vance

Once again, I ask, why would you put oil in the gas :?:  :?:

I don't unnerstand  :?
all that is gonna do is make smoke......and smoke, unless it is Colombian in nature, is BAD

Where is FatCat when ya need him :!:  :!:

Vance

Acccording to the memo it will improve the engine performance. Now before you bounce me to quickly I'm just asking a question. Please

tomslik

marvel mystery oil,ok, but just a quart of oil in the tank?
ever seen a car with worn rings make any power?
you're not gonna "hurt" anything (except the cat and o2 sensor+possibly the fuel filter) and it'l prolly want to "ping" easier...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

ronirees

Quote from: "tomslik"marvel mystery oil,ok, but just a quart of oil in the tank?
ever seen a car with worn rings make any power?
you're not gonna "hurt" anything (except the cat and o2 sensor+possibly the fuel filter) and it'l prolly want to "ping" easier...

Thank  you for your time I really needed the information.

Carnut

Well, back in the old days of nontech carbon and gunked up engines, it was somewhat common to pour various potions into the fuel fill to try and clean out some of the deposits, mostly for valve cleaning.

Have used the 'diesel oil' remedy in the past on engines with 'stuck valves' to try to free them up. First pouring a liberal amount down the carb throat until the engine drowns and then letting it sit for a while. Then start it up and run it and hopefully find the valve unstuck, then for a few tanks of gas afterwards adding a quart of diesel oil with gas to continue the process.

Those were 'The Good Old Days'.

Think Bardol, Marvel Mystery Oil, Risilone and various such potions were the order of the day.

Generally it was best to perform such activities in the summer season so as to get the added benefit of mosquito repellant as well.

ronirees

Quote from: "Carnut"Well, back in the old days of nontech carbon and gunked up engines, it was somewhat common to pour various potions into the fuel fill to try and clean out some of the deposits, mostly for valve cleaning.

Have used the 'diesel oil' remedy in the past on engines with 'stuck valves' to try to free them up. First pouring a liberal amount down the carb throat until the engine drowns and then letting it sit for a while. Then start it up and run it and hopefully find the valve unstuck, then for a few tanks of gas afterwards adding a quart of diesel oil with gas to continue the process.

Think Bardol, Marvel Mystery Oil, Risilone and various such potions were the order of the day.

Generally it was best to perform such activities in the summer season so as to get the added benefit of mosquito repellant as well.

:lol: well after all the rain here in N. Texas we could use the repellant. so IF used only in "older" cars and even then no great help?

Crosley.In.AZ

I would worry a bit more on oil inside th engine....

with the zinc and a few other additives being reduced or removed for emissions crap .... the flat tappet camshafts ...... may have a bit shorter life
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Carnut"Well, back in the old days of nontech carbon and gunked up engines, it was somewhat common to pour various potions into the fuel fill to try and clean out some of the deposits, mostly for valve cleaning.

:lol: well after all the rain here in N. Texas we could use the repellant. so IF used only in "older" cars and even then no great help?

I don't mean to be a *, it just comes naturally somedays :roll:
usually we like for folks to tell us a little about themselves.
you jumped in here like a spammer, and it sent up a FLAG, sorry.
fellow Texan, well, welcome aboard. now tell us a little about yourself 8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

ronirees

Vance

apology accepted thank you

I am a mid something female who runs her own business... Landscape Design Installation; Small plant nursery, collectibles glass, and an eBay service, in a very small town in north Texas.

My problem started when someone came is wanting to put this infromation on my eBay store. I came to your site hoping to get the auto questions answered by the ones who actually use the knowledge on a daily basis.  Love animals and the outdoors

Dave

Vance

I am a mid something female who runs her own business... Landscape Design Installation; Small plant nursery, collectibles glass, and an eBay service, in a very small town in north Texas.

My problem started when someone came is wanting to put this infromation on my eBay store. I came to your site hoping to get the auto questions answered by the ones who actually use the knowledge on a daily basis.  Love animals and the outdoors

Id shy away from this unless its really big money and a lawyer says you cant be held responsible for anything.  The only thing the oil will do is add librication to the gasoline but if a 4 cycle engine was ment to be run that way we would be buying 2 cycle fuel at the gas stations. That said 2 cycle fuel will work in a lot of engines. Ive drained the fuel for summer storage out of my snowmobiles and put in my daily driver but that was a number of years ago and a non fuel injected engine. If it really works detroit would be telling us to do it.
Oh ya   Welcome
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :arrow:

ronirees

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Vance

Id shy away from this unless its really big money and a lawyer says you cant be held responsible for anything.  The only thing the oil will do is add librication to the gasoline but if a 4 cycle engine was ment to be run that way we would be buying 2 cycle fuel at the gas stations. That said 2 cycle fuel will work in a lot of engines. Ive drained the fuel for summer storage out of my snowmobiles and put in my daily driver but that was a number of years ago and a non fuel injected engine. If it really works detroit would be telling us to do it.
Oh ya   Welcome
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :arrow:

Well (1) there is no large sum of money in listing fees on eBay (2) I am glad to hear my first instinct was correct stay away from this.  Thank you