oil pans

Started by alchevy, July 19, 2007, 09:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

A friend of mine is building a '32 Ford Roadster. It's a fiberglass one made by Downs off of the Dearborn Deuce.

He is working on a small block Chevy for the car and he called last night and asked if anyone made a chrome oil pan with the dipstick location on either side. All of the ones he finds they are either for the driver's side or the passenger side.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Quote from: "40chevy"A friend of mine is building a '32 Ford Roadster. It's a fiberglass one made by Downs off of the Dearborn Deuce.

He is working on a small block Chevy for the car and he called last night and asked if anyone made a chrome oil pan with the dipstick location on either side. All of the ones he finds they are either for the driver's side or the passenger side.

To my knowledge.. No ... The later gm crates are set up for either side. If he has one of them how about getting it chromed?
Dave

alchevy

That's what he said he may have to do.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Quote from: "40chevy"That's what he said he may have to do.

Ok then ive got a question? I put a drivers side aluminum pan on one of the crate motors set up for ac/dc dipsticks and if i remember right i used a regular pan gasket or i may have used a left side right side set and did some cutting and siliconing (spelling) and it worked just fine. It can be done.. If he wants a drivers side stick chrome pan setup it will work but im thinnin you need both gasket sets to pull it off. I hate it when i cant remember all the details but it will work..
Dave :wink:  :arrow: