Help me!!!!

Started by Dave, July 19, 2007, 09:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok its my turn.. I need to come up with a color for the roadster soon.. Id like to get the frame painted before i leave for utah so its gotta happen real quick like next week cause the week after that i think im going to classes that wont get me back in town until possibly 6 in the evening.
Heres some of my ideas.. Gray.. simple to touch up possibly with the addition of black scallops. Blue.. mack truck blue another straight color no metallic. A bright green metallic ....kinda like the billet specialties 5 winder coupe.. a plain ol orange.. no metallic again.  or a red....what can i say about red... I hate yellow so no need to suggest that .. It looks good on other peoples cars but its not for me.. One other option is a light blue but it would be a metallic... Keep in mind i have the american salt flat wheels with polished rims and gray centers im kinda doing or trying to pick a color around the wheels...
Dave

EMSjunkie

"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

phat rat

And here I thought the only guys who posted a "What color should I paint my car" question were FNG's over on the Hamb. Guess you can be the FNG here. :lol: d Hey Newbie do you also need help with deciding which wheels to put on the car? :P
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

donsrods

We all agree that picking the final color is the hardest decision we make on building a car, and even after it is done we still second guess ourselves.  I never know until I actually walk into the paint store and lay down my money what the final choice will be.

Obviously, no one but you can make that decision.  Red and black are "safe" colors..........hot rods always look good in those shades.  And other colors are popular for a while and then fade away and look dated.

I try to do each car different from any other I have owned, I see no point in owning 3 cars all painted the same color, but that is just me.  I have never owned a black car, so that is what I am painting the T.  My truck is probably going to be a nice green color, and my '27 will maybe end up being blue or red when I get back on it.

You've been in this game long enough to have some feelings about what you like and dislike, and sometimes the decision is made by a rod you see at a show, or a new car you see on the street.  A guy came into work one day with a new Hummer and it was painted Fusion Orange, and it looked oldtimey to me, so that is what I am using for my running gear.  Up until then I had no idea what I was going to do.

Then again, you could always make up a dart board............................. :D  :D

Don

Okiedokie

Boy I think blue looks good with those wheels.

Deuce

There is only one REAL selection

RE-SELL RED ...

You KNOW you will sell it ... and RED makes them sell better ... plain and simple  :)
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

GPster

This is real hard to type (the surgery left me with a scratched eyeball so I can only use one eye, The Bad Ona that doesn't aim). I would think that the $30,000.00 gold paint job on the Deuce Coupe that Jimmy Shine is doing on tv at the SoCal Shop might be "Over Kill". Back in the early 80's I was building a '37 Studebaker Dictator and I was going to paint it 2 tone, Grey,  In the early '80s Lincoln had a Dove Gray that was just a plain color with no metalics and one of the big truck manufacturers ( Mac, Freightliner) had a charcoal grey that I was going to use on just the fenders. The wheels where going to be the dove gray so that they didn't blend-in to the fender color. I am somewhat a fan of the monochromatic look so my suggestion would be everything (frame, suspension, body) dove gray and some of the accents charcoal gray. Being it will be un-fendered the black of the rubber would be a separation between the main color and the wheels. This of course is a suggestion for you. The Jeepster will be a cross between "camoflag" and "Nelly Belle" and probably be done with a brush. This is cutting in to my nap time and I have another doctor appointment at 1:00 PM. Bye, GPster

Carnut

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"And here I thought the only guys who posted a "What color should I paint my car" question were FNG's over on the Hamb. Guess you can be the FNG here. :lol: d Hey Newbie do you also need help with deciding which wheels to put on the car? :P

Hey Mr. Packer.. or is that parker :?:  ....one more comment like that and you be the next inductee right behind our buddy slocrow....
Dave

enjenjo

The new HHR has a grey green that I like a lot. It's an old timey looking color.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Bib_Overalls

British racing green looks good with a tan interior.  Friend had a metallic green 36 Ford two door and I thought it looked like a radioactive frog.  My Model T sedan will be grey with red seats, wheels, suspension, and engine sheet metal.  My 32 Ford roadster is flat black.

If your thinking "Keeper" then go with your gut.  If your thinking "Sell" then I agree with the others, go "resale red."
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "phat rat"And here I thought the only guys who posted a "What color should I paint my car" question were FNG's over on the Hamb. Guess you can be the FNG here. :lol: d Hey Newbie do you also need help with deciding which wheels to put on the car? :P

Hey Mr. Packer.. or is that parker :?:  ....one more comment like that and you be the next inductee right behind our buddy slocrow....
Dave

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  );b(  );b(  );b(

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Flat Hemi Orange with clearcoat, and flat black frame rails.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Jbird

Pink & purple plaid, to complement your driving bikini.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance