Fortune cookie say “Road Trip in future”

Started by purplepickup, May 12, 2004, 11:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Well, I've been dumpster diving on Ebay again. :shock:  This time it's a '31 Chevy truck cab '31 Chevy truck cab in Deckers, Colorado, a little south of Denver.  It was a "buy it now" for $400 and my mouse went out of control and just clicked on it.   I don't know much about it and the pictures don't really show much.  So far the guy hasn't contacted me so I don't know how quick he wants me to pick it up.  It would be nice if he'd hold it til August and I could get it on the way to Bonneville.  That would mean I'd have to take my van and a trailer to the salt instead of the purplepickup.  If he wants it out of there, I'll have to do a long weekend roadtrip soon.  I like doing that anyway.  I'm going up to the cabin in a couple of hours so I guess I'll know Monday. :?

I'm going to redo my truck in a couple of years and I sure could use an extra cab for parts since mine wasn't in the best shape when I did it the first time.  This one looks better than mine was but who knows.  If it's ragged I can lop off the top and make a roadster pickup.  I've definitely got enough extra parts.

George

KustomLincolnLady

Fortune cookie say "george need new mouse" or computer minus e-bay, LMAO!!!
have fun at the cabin!!!! hope you find some shrooms  :b-d:
Debb

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "purplepickup"Well, I've been dumpster diving on Ebay again. :shock:  This time it's a '31 Chevy truck cab '31 Chevy truck cab in Deckers, Colorado, a little south of Denver.  It was a "buy it now" for $400 and my mouse went out of control and just clicked on it.   I don't know much about it and the pictures don't really show much.  So far the guy hasn't contacted me so I don't know how quick he wants me to pick it up.  It would be nice if he'd hold it til August and I could get it on the way to Bonneville.  That would mean I'd have to take my van and a trailer to the salt instead of the purplepickup.  If he wants it out of there, I'll have to do a long weekend roadtrip soon.  I like doing that anyway.  I'm going up to the cabin in a couple of hours so I guess I'll know Monday. :?

I'm going to redo my truck in a couple of years and I sure could use an extra cab for parts since mine wasn't in the best shape when I did it the first time.  This one looks better than mine was but who knows.  If it's ragged I can lop off the top and make a roadster pickup.  I've definitely got enough extra parts.

Are ya sure that's not a Buick?   If  you have to drive the Van to the salt, I'll be glad to follow you in your pickup so you can enjoy it out west.  What are friends for.  :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

purplepickup

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"If  you have to drive the Van to the salt, I'll be glad to follow you in your pickup so you can enjoy it out west.  What are friends for.  :lol:

You can ride in the trailer and make vroom vroom noises.  I'll even put a little steering wheel on it for you. 8)
George

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"Well, I've been dumpster diving on Ebay again. :shock:  This time it's a '31 Chevy truck cab '31 Chevy truck cab in Deckers, Colorado, a little south of Denver.  It was a "buy it now" for $400 and my mouse went out of control and just clicked on it.   I don't know much about it and the pictures don't really show much.  So far the guy hasn't contacted me so I don't know how quick he wants me to pick it up.  It would be nice if he'd hold it til August and I could get it on the way to Bonneville.  That would mean I'd have to take my van and a trailer to the salt instead of the purplepickup.  If he wants it out of there, I'll have to do a long weekend roadtrip soon.  I like doing that anyway.  I'm going up to the cabin in a couple of hours so I guess I'll know Monday. :?

chk yer pm's (if i did it right)

tom
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

1FATGMC

George if you get it in Aug. you could come by here and leave the van and trailer at my place and then go up to B'ville with me in my truck.

I'll go up Friday, but don't know when I'll be coming back yet.  Hooley, from OK, is planning on running his speedabaker there and I'm going to help him.  He is a friend of WZJUNK and you met him a couple years ago.

I'll be looking forward to your visit,

Sum

WZ JUNK

George, I have some stuff I can sell you to fill up your trailer.  If you buy it sight unseen I will give you a better price.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"If  you have to drive the Van to the salt, I'll be glad to follow you in your pickup so you can enjoy it out west.  What are friends for.  :lol:

You can ride in the trailer and make vroom vroom noises.  I'll even put a little steering wheel on it for you. 8)
How about buiding a towbar (hitch?) for the P/UP.  You could fit that litle cab on a box trailer.

58 Yeoman

George, my gf is going to Colorado Springs in a couple weeks, which is about an hour from Decker. If I was going with her, and the cab would fit in the back of a Ranger, or rent a trailer, I could bring it back to IL for you. But, I don't trust her to drive my good vehicles, as she's wrecked her Chrysler three times and my van once inthe last three years. :(
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

midnight sun

Quote from: "purplepickup"If he wants it out of there, I'll have to do a long weekend roadtrip soon.  I like doing that anyway.  I'm going up to the cabin in a couple of hours so I guess I'll know Monday. :?

George,

Have you heard whether or not he wants you to get it right away?  Maybe I could help you out if he does.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

purplepickup

Quote from: "midnight sun"George,

Have you heard whether or not he wants you to get it right away?  Maybe I could help you out if he does.

Thanks for the offer Jack....and to the others that have offered help, but so far he hasn't answered my questions. Apparently he's a little slow to answer his emails.  I've sent three now.    Right now I don't know any more than I did when I bid.  I'll  be patient and see if he answers some of my questions this weekend.  

Tomorrow I'll be distracted and entertained by the trailer building skills of Paul Sr and.....er I mean Frank Sr and Frankie so it will keep my mind off the fact that a stranger has my $400 and I've got nothing.   Ahhh, the drama of ebay :?
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

"Big Sexy"..... ROTFLMAO  :lol:   :lol:

FartCat = Big Sexy!,  ya, I like it  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr""Big Sexy"..... ROTFLMAO  :lol:   :lol:

Fat Cat = Big Sexy!,  ya, I like it  :lol:

Uhh, guess who modified the word in my post  to "Big Sexy".  I'll bet it was the Sex Cat hisself  8)
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"Uhh, guess who modified the word in my post  to "Big Sexy".

I edited nothing.

tomslik

Quote from: "midnight sun"
Quote from: "purplepickup"If he wants it out of there, I'll have to do a long weekend roadtrip soon.  I like doing that anyway.  I'm going up to the cabin in a couple of hours so I guess I'll know Monday. :?

George,

hey MS(that don't sound right), where'd you end up out here?
just noticed you be in colorado now...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list