saying hello from the deep south

Started by Mike T, July 17, 2007, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

Hey Mike. I'm in Vicksburg, MS (in Central MS over by the MS River). I saw your report and picture in SRM. Glad to have you on the RRT. Hope to meet you one of these days.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Mike T

thanks for the welcome, and 40, like to see pics of your 37 slant, they are cool cars, also, Hi Denise, i'm planning on covering some ground with the roadster, maybe i'll get my chance to meet you finally.

40chev, I go to Yazoo refuge once a year to bowhunt so I know where ya at, do you come down for cruisin the coast?
1931 Ford Roadster on Deuce Rails-327/tripower/muncie 4sp.
1937 Ford Tudor Slant-350/700R4

donsrods

Hi Mike, welcome.  Your roadster is really nice, and my Kid was telling me about how it was beat up in Katrina (he's Dodgerodder)  You have done a fantastic job on it in spite of that little "setback."   :shock:  :shock:  :D

Don

alchevy

Mike, I went down to CTC in 2003 & 2004. Wanted to go last year, but stayed at work and watched the traffic cams on mstraffic.com during the week. Some friends of mine went and said that the weather was very good. I don't think it rained the whole week. I am about out of vacation days to use to go this year. Maybe in 2008, I can get back down there.

Here are some of the car events I go to in the State:
Ole Brook Cruisers run in Brookhaven in March
have been to the McComb run in April
MSRA rod run in the Jackson area in June
several throughout the year in the Jackson area
Blue Suede Cruise in Tupelo in May

I was a member of the Vicksburg Cruisers, but I got out of that club last year. Several of us started a new club and we are Nation wide. It's called "1 Rule Street Rods" and that rule is to have FUN. We gained most of our members at the Klassy Kruzers car show in Crossett, Arkansas. We have about 24 members. We decided to have our annual meeting at Crossett each year. This event takes place the first weekend of November. I am also a member of the Mississippi Street Rod Association (MSRA).
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Grandadeo

Welcome back Mike, really enjoyed your town at Cruisin the Coast the year before the storm.  Hard to believe what it did to the area.  I went through two of them here the year before but nothing compared to yours.  The cars are looking good.  If you make it down Florida way give me a shout.  But be  sure to stay on the east coast, there's a guy on the west coast you have to look out for.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Welcome back   If you make it down Florida way give me a shout.  But be  sure to stay on the east coast, there's a guy on the west coast you have to look out for.

Lee

Uh oh...
Dave 8)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Grandadeo"Welcome back   If you make it down Florida way give me a shout.  But be  sure to stay on the east coast, there's a guy on the west coast you have to look out for.

Lee

Uh oh...
Dave 8)

Hey Lee,

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :D

BTW-How was Cali... :?:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Grandadeo

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

Lee

Uh oh...
Dave 8)

Hey Lee,

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :D

BTW-How was Cali... :?:

Had a great time.    Did the usual.  Shop tours, museums, shows, cruise nights, good eats, etc.  Only bad part was I didn't have my roadster there.  Of course this year the headlight sticker was extra cool for the 50th club anniversary and all.  We had about 7 FLA ROADSTER cars there, all driven.  And they filmed a segment for car crazy with the group.  And of course my roadster wasn't there with um.  That's what I get for going back to work instead of staying retired.  Someone said, Hey you were there so just put a sticker on your headlight anyway.  But I didn't earn it so I'll just have to settle for the two I already have.  But that new one sure is nice.

Is the Webster Swap coming up soon?  First Sunday if I remember right.  Also, the Ford Barn is putting together a meet at Garlits on September 29.  Anybody that's interested can check it out on the Early V8 Forum on the Ford Barn, Old Fords preferred.  They do want anyone coming to let them know in advance so they can keep a head count and have enough stuff on hand for the group.  I think the museum fee is discounted too.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Grandadeo"
Is the Webster Swap coming up soon?  

Lee

2nd of September is the next one. None in August due to the heat.

I guess I won't be making an appearance at Garlits's place for the Ford festivities with the Pontiac. Someone contacted me about wanting to use it as one of the boats on "Deadliest Catch". Seems they need a few 'barges' in the background shots during filming... :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...