40 Plymouth truck

Started by enjenjo, July 16, 2007, 11:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

It left today to get some of the sheetmetal hung on it for a fitting. I snapped a few pictures as it left.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

Very clean neat workmanship, as always from you.  Gonna make a nice ride.

Like the idea of the bellcrank on the brake pedal rod.

Don

rooster

The sway bar and brake linkage looks slick! Stay on it.

enjenjo

Thanks guys. The brake belcrank allowed me to use the booster without modification, so future replacement should be easy.

Husker

Looks very nice, only thing I see missing is the 360 Mopar engine and 727 tranny!

Carnut

Quote from: "Husker"Looks very nice, only thing I see missing is the 360 Mopar engine and 727 tranny!

Huh? There's something wrong with using a Hemi?

Bellcranks always remind me of my friend Keith Meikles 32 Coupe.

Keith had this coupe channeled way down low with a suicide front suspension.

For steering Keith chose to use a renault racknpinion steering gearbox.

Guess back in 65 racknpinion was a cool thing, anyhow the way it was mounted was a little odd to me, but it worked.

Keith mounted the rack longitiudinally in the frame under the drivers feet with the column sticking straight up thru the floor between the drivers legs with an Oldsmobile wheel stuck on it.

Using only one end of the rack to move a bellcrank that was mounted horizontally thru the 32 frame with the bellcrank axle vertically mounted on the frame rail. The outside end of the bell crank then moved a standard draglink to the front hub.

Never managed to get a pic of the actual bellcrank but here's one of the 32 coupe parked next to my Model A at an early rod run.

You can just make out the vertical Olds steering wheel in the cockpit.

Husker

LOL, hell thats much better! I need more coffee this morning since I can't see what I am looking at!

EMSjunkie

Gotta love them Powerglides :D  8)

Vance

p.s.  nice work Frank, did FatCat help :?:  :lol:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Not on this one Vance. This one I did all by myself. The glide is only there for mockup, it gets a 700R4

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"Not on this one Vance. This one I did all by myself. The glide is only there for mockup, it gets a 700R4

then, YOU do good work :lol:

you got sumpthin' against 'glides :?:
their just as good as a 700r4, just less moving parts :shock:

but......if ya happen to run across a good 700r4 that needs a home........ :wink: I got a C-cab that is begging fer some running gear :idea:  just go ahead and bolt it in that frame ya got, and I'll pick 'em all up in August :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Nice work Frank...clean , simple & practical. :idea: ..Looks good..I like it  :!:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

brti

Very nice project and nice work!
       I did a mock-up once and didn't bolt on the fuel pump etc to the block,,,,, went ahead and welded it all up and when I did the final assembly with the finished engine........ no clearance for the fuel pump!!! :oops:  and wanted to put a low mount alternator on but nooooo. I think a guy has to build many cars to get half as good as the guys in here are.

Very nice work,,,,, will be watching for the tin photos
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

enjenjo

One of the first engine conversions I did, was a Ford 6 into a Stude truck. Everything worked great, until the first left turn.... It wouldn't. :shock:  I ended up having to raise the engine 4" to make it work.

alchevy

Very nice work indeed! You don't happen to have a supplier for '47 Dodge Pickup rear fenders, do ya? A friend of mine is building one. I'm going to check with the venders in Louisville also in a couple of weeks.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

Quote from: "40chevy"Very nice work indeed! You don't happen to have a supplier for '47 Dodge Pickup rear fenders, do ya? A friend of mine is building one. I'm going to check with the venders in Louisville also in a couple of weeks.
AL

You might try Plydo  http://www.plydo.qpg.com/