its a snap products

Started by Kctom, July 15, 2007, 11:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

enjenjo

Elaborate please. Parts? service? both?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Kctom

Quote from: "enjenjo"Elaborate please. Parts? service? both?
frank, they said they would take me to court over this if I made any wrong statements, so gotta watch what I say. Bought a power window kit, complete set of gauges and wiper kit. The salesman said the power window unit will fit the 48 ford great. Wrong, they sell a set that has the same unit for both doors. No left or right both the same. The motor is off set on one side. It fit great on one side ,but the motor hits the outter door skin before the track can line up correctly, They say to turn it backwards on one side. This did not work. Tech/ salesman said it is sold as a universal unit and may not work in all cars. I informed him the ad I read did not say this. His reply was "I did not know what I was doing". Next the wiper unit, installed ok! . But when you turn it on it will not turn off. Just keeps on trucking like that battery powered rabbit till you pull the fuze. In the kit there is a note that the switch is not part of the kit, but is a gift so don't call and complain if it does not work correctly. Take that for what it is worth. Next the guages, the tack won't work with a LS-1 motor, the speedo may or may not work with the 4l60e trans. So I will never use any products they sell. this does not mean anyone else may have the same problems as I do, just ask a few questions before you buy. The tech guy needs to learn alittle about talking to his customers. His response to my problem was it was all my fault. Guess he had a point I was the one who bought them.

rumrumm

Nothing hurts a company more than lousy salesmen and tech staff. There is nothing more frustrating than the bad customer relations. Been there . . .
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

OK, thanks. Kind of what I expected.

The power window lift they sell was originally designed for the passenger window on an 18 wheeler. They knocked off the design and have it made off shore. They are not the only one selling it. I have yet to find anything it fits well, except 18 wheelers. And of course it was designed for only one side, so they don't have a left and right. They are not the only one selling this setup, so beware.

Never used the wiper motor, so I can't comment on that. I suspect the right switch would fix it, but that is no excuse.

On the tach, there are several of them out there, by more than one manufacturer, that won't work with late model engines because of the coil packs, and the way they fire. There are interface boxes available that will convert the ignition pulses into a form the the tach can read. Speedway lists one.

None of this is an excuse for poor tech support. I suspect the tech support was at the golden arches last week.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

donsrods

As for taking you to court, it is only "slander" (or in this case "Libel"...written words) if you knowingly make false statements to damage them.  The truth is an absolute defense against slander or libel.  Since you are telling your true experiences,  they have no case.  You are simply relaying problems you have had, that is your right.

That being said, I would move up the food chain at that company.  Stop dealing with the tech guy and get to the owner or CEO.  Explain you bought these products in good faith and that you still want them to work, what do you need to do?

Lastly, did you pay with a credit card?  Put in a dispute for the entire amount. It then becomes THEIR burdon to prove they are right, and is a pain in the butt for them, and ties up their money.  You are well within your rights to do that.  When a customer would do that to us where I worked, it became my job to prove we were justified and try to get our money back, and sometimes the customer won just because it was too hard for us to prove we were right.

Putting a "stop payment" on your credit card will get their attention REAL QUICK.

Don

rumrumm

Good answer, Don. Putting it in dispute with the credit card company will get their attention and get you some results.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

butch27

Don't even get me started on their wiring harness. I threw the thing away. Wires to short- poor instructions and tech support. A total waste of over a hundred dollars. I noticed at Columbus this week-end that no one was selling them, not even the vendor that I got mine from.  JUNK